Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Finance team ensures that Indeed complies with the highest standards of business, law and ethics, while providing Indeed's clients with excellent customer service and Indeed's management with the information and guidance required to succeed around the world. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help support the people who help people get jobs.
This role is a people manager of buyers in APAC region responsible for sourcing, negotiating and purchasing of goods, materials and services to meet the company’s operational and organizational requirements.
- Oversight of purchasing goods, materials, and services in line with specified cost, quality, and delivery targets focused on defined Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) per the Indeed Global Procurement Policy.
- Support the purchasing function and stakeholders communicating any supply challenges which may impact on business operations.
- Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes and new projects and activities.
- Contact suppliers to resolve all queries through error management reconciliation.
- Monitor and advise on any issues which present risk or opportunity to the organization.
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers.
- Conduct research for new components and suppliers.
- Compile data relating to supplier performance to enable evaluation.
- Provide analysis on costs, new and existing and review cost reduction activities.
- Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers reviewing opportunities to achieve savings.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly metric reports.
- Work closely with the wider procurement function and review opportunities for continuous and business improvements.
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications.
- Project management focus from inception through to completion.
- Support P2P team members with all day to day queries and escalations
- Conduct 1-1 coaching and mentoring sessions with direct reports (Buyers)
- Triage and monitor workloads for purchasing team members
- Monitor and provide SLA statistics for purchasing team members
Skills & Attributes
- Excellent knowledge Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementations and day to day management.
- Ability to build and maintain effective and productive relationships with staff, stakeholders and suppliers.
- Excellent knowledge of all aspects of finance function as a whole
- Excellent communication, negotiation, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Analytical, numerically astute with strong demonstrated problem solving abilities.
- Able to manage time effectively, prioritize tasks and achieve set targets.
- Commercial and financial awareness with a full understanding of how failure impacts the production, manufacture and customer order fulfillment.
- Ability to work in a multinational, high pressured, fast moving and challenging environment and handle emergency situations.
- Proven multi-tasker who can work independently and across functional teams
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Fluent Japanese & English required (both verbal & written)
- 4-6 years of experience across procurement commodities. i.e. IT, Business Services & Professional Services.
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Has working knowledge of commonly-used procurement concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Good knowledge of purchasing, negotiation, commercial understanding and cost breakdown.
- Experience of working closely with suppliers.
- Ability to add value, reduce costs and input to business improvements.
- An understanding of automotive processes and components would be advantageous.
- Computer literate, Intacct, Workday with advanced MS Office and Google Suite knowledge.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Masters Preferred.
Preferred Skills / Additional Notes
- ERP / P2P procurement system management exposure beneficial.
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures for the E2E P2P process.
- Familiar with a variety of field’s concepts, practices and industry standards.
- Customer focused.
- May lead and direct others.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude expected.
- Reports to procurement director or department head.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.