Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are builders, we are integrators. Tech Services creates and optimizes solutions for a rapidly growing business on a global scale. We work with distributed infrastructure, petabytes of data, and billions of transactions with no limitations on your creativity. You don’t have to wait for some architect or manager to tell you what you can work on - you decide the priorities. With tech hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
At Indeed, we want to make the hunt for that dream job as easy as possible for everyone. In order to do this, we need to get the jobs first. Every job. On every site. Everywhere. This is why we aggregate millions of jobs each day from over 100,000 internet sites globally.
You are responsible for telling our aggregation engine how to get these jobs and making sure all job information stays up to date for all of these sites. You will also work closely with senior team members for guidance, to escalate issues, and to report potential bugs.
- Be passionate about making sure our users get the most out of their job search experience
- Study the HTML/CSS layout of job sites in order to make informed, creative decisions regarding how to capture current and future job data
- Use HTML and CSS selectors to define data aggregation rules using a proprietary UI
- Contribute to team projects and documentation as necessary.
Required Language Skills
- Fluent in English and Japanese
- Other Languages a plus
Required Technical Skills
- Understanding of HTML, CSS, and Regular Expressions
- Familiarity with HTTP and FTP
- Experience working within or organizing daily tasks via ticketing systems in a support or operations role.
- Inquisitive and eager to learn in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Can identify a quick fix but still strive for long-term solutions
- Is comfortable handling a large number of concurrent requests and re-prioritizing as necessary
- Able to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical users
- Detail-oriented with exceptional follow-up skills
- 1 year of relevant professional experience or educational equivalent.
How to Apply
We value attention to detail. Applications that fail to follow these steps will not be considered.
- Submit a cover letter in the 'cover letter' or 'note' section. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
- Visit www.indeed.com, create an Indeed Resume and make it public if you haven't already done so.
- In your cover letter, provide a CSS selector that will return the link node to each office location http://www.indeed.jobs/career/Home#locations
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.