Date published: 1-Jun-2017
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
At Indeed, we want to make the hunt for that dream job as easy as possible for everyone. In order to do this, we need to get the jobs first. Every job. On every site. Everywhere. This is why we aggregate millions of jobs each day from over 100,000 internet sites globally.You are responsible for telling our aggregation engine how to get these jobs and making sure all job information stays up to date for all of these sites. You will also work closely with our Austin-based technical team for guidance, to escalate issues and to report potential bugs.
- Fluent English and Japanese
- Other languages a plus
- Be passionate about making sure our users get the most out of their job search experience
- Study the HTML/CSS layout of job sites in order to make informed, creative decisions regarding how to capture current and future job data
- Become an expert user of Indeed’s aggregation system, and learn how to utilize it most efficiently in terms of both time spent and processing power
Required Technical Skills
- Understanding of HTML, CSS, Regular Expressions
- Familiarity with HTTP and FTP protocols
- Background in a support role or with a consumer-facing web company a plus
- Inquisitive and eager to learn in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Can identify a quick fix but still strive for long-term solutions
- Is comfortable handling a large number of concurrent requests and re-prioritizing as necessary
- Able to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical users
- Detail-oriented with exceptional follow-up skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 1 - 3 years of relevant professional experience
- Valid work authorization in Japan
How to Apply
We value attention to detail. Applications that fail to follow these steps will not be considered.
- Submit a cover letter in the 'cover letter' or 'note' section. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
- Create an Indeed Resume if you do not already have one. Copy and paste the URL of your Indeed Resume into the cover letter.
- In your cover letter, provide a CSS selector that will return the link node to each office location http://www.indeed.jobs/career/Home#locations
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.