Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
You will be responsible for leading a team comprised of Analysts, Support, and Technical Operations associates providing support, guidance, and career mentorship. You will also work closely with our engineering and product team for guidance, to identify and escalate issues, report potential bugs, and help prioritize work on our systems. You will also work closely with other Aggregation Operations leadership to create and maintain global goals and processes.
- Be passionate about making sure our users get the most out of their job search experience
- Lead team of Analysts, Support, and Technical Operations associates.
- Provide technical suggestions for using HTML/CSS selectors, Regex filters
- Provide advice on best practices and standard process keeping end-user experience and internal stakeholder needs in mind.
- Become an expert on Indeed’s aggregation system and provide technical training and mentoring to users (including new team members) on how to utilize the system most efficiently in terms of both time spent and processing power
- Help define and prioritize team projects. Update documentation as necessary.
- Help define and implement team goals and processes.
- Monitor team feedback, work closely with our product team to effectively influence product improvements as well as report potential bugs.
- Create and utilize quality metrics to measure the effectiveness of the team and process.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is data-driven and likes to dig into the details.
- Is inquisitive and eager to learn in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Thinks on their toes and problem-solves, not only efficiently but creatively.
- Enjoys identifying ways to improve internal processes and tools in order to keep up with growing demand.
- Takes pride in everything they do and has very high standards for quality of work.
- 2+ years experience managing and staffing a support team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving and follow-up skills.
- Must be extremely detail oriented.
- Good working knowledge of HTML, CSS, XML, Regular Expressions
- Familiarity with HTTP and FTP
- Background in a support role or with a consumer-facing web company a plus
- Experience training and mentoring junior team members.
- Familiarity with version control software (git, svn, etc)
- Query language experience (SQL, JQL, etc)
- Experience supporting a consumer-facing web company a plus.
How to Apply?
We value attention to detail. Applications that fail to follow these steps will not be considered.
- Submit a cover letter in the 'cover letter' or 'note' section. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
- Visit www.indeed.com, create an Indeed Resume and make it public if you haven't already done so
- In your cover letter, provide us with an example of a difficult problem you had to resolve with a direct report.
- In your cover letter, if you wish to demonstrate experience with CSS, provide a CSS selector that will return the anchor link node for each office location http://www.indeed.jobs/career/Home#locations
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.