Additional Posting Location(s): Tokyo
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are builders, we are integrators. Tech Services creates and optimizes solutions for a rapidly growing business on a global scale. We work with distributed infrastructure, petabytes of data, and billions of transactions with no limitations on your creativity. You donÕt have to wait for some architect or manager to tell you what you can work on - you decide the priorities. With tech hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
As an Application Security Engineer, you’ll work closely with product teams globally to help build safe and secure experiences for users. You’ll identify application security gaps in projects and work to address them. As a security advocate, you’ll teach best practices to engineers. You’ll assist with third-party security assessments, work with Indeed’s Bug Bounty program, and build tools and automation to help secure Indeed’s ecosystem.
What you might do
- Identify security bugs across Indeed's web and mobile platforms
- Work with engineering and product teams to remediate security bugs
- Perform periodic penetration testing
- Confirm and prioritize the remediation of discovered security bugs
- Build tools and automation to identify security issues and help resolve them
- Educate Software Engineers on security best practices through classes, code reviews, and design reviews
- Solid understanding of common web application technologies and languages
- Experience communicating security concerns and issues to diverse audiences
Nice to have
- Experience in some of the following areas: Threat modeling, Webapp penetration testing, and Software architecture
- Understanding of the importance of a good SDLC
- Previous software development experience
- Previous participation in vulnerability competitions, bug-bashes, or pen tests
- Knowledge of security risks and capabilities with IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.