Date published: 27-Jan-2017
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
Indeed.com, the leading global job site, is seeking an Associate Localization Manager to focus on ensuring the success of Indeed’s presence worldwide. We are looking for someone who is tech-savvy, enjoys foreign languages and wants to work with people from all over the world. This position is a great opportunity for linguists and translators to switch careers or for those on the provider side of the industry to join the client side.
Come share our commitment to help people get jobs!
What you will do:
- Collaborate with the Quality Assurance and Engineering teams to ensure smooth feature releases every week
- Support the International Operations Analysts in investigating and resolving bugs
- Educate stakeholders across the organization (Product Management, Sales, Client Services, Marketing, Human Resources, Recruiting, Legal and more!) on best practices for global success
- Lead the linguistic review and functional testing of all localized content, bridging the gap between requestors and translators to guarantee optimal translation, localisation (see what I did there?), transcreation and adaptation of our mission to help people get jobs in every language, in every country
What you will learn:
- How to influence the internationalization and globalization strategy of a fast-growing company
- What it takes to iterate in existing markets and launch in new countries
- Rapid feature development and testing in an agile environment
- A data-first approach to pitching your ideas to others
The ideal candidate
- is multilingual or a polyglot.
- is detail oriented and a creative problem solver.
- is a self-motivated worker who thrives and works well under stress and tight deadlines.
- is inquisitive and eager to learn in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- has strong quantitative, analytical and critical thinking skills to recognize patterns and solutions.
- is comfortable and confident with web technology.
- wants to be an integral part of a team that delivers the highest quality product possible.
- doesn’t shy away from expressing solutions and ideas for improvement.
- enjoys working in a cross-functional work environment.
- can deliver projects with different deadlines to multiple stakeholders and teams with differing incentives.
- is willing to take on new commitments and adapt to rapidly changing requirements.
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent writing skills
- Familiarity with foreign languages and cultures is a must
- Working knowledge of one or more foreign languages is a plus
- LSP, translation, localization, QA, project or program management experience is a major plus
How to Apply
Applications that fail to follow these simple steps will not be considered. In the cover letter section of your application:
- Please briefly describe your familiarity with other languages and different cultures.
- Please briefly describe your experience with coordination or management of a complicated project.
- If applicable, please briefly describe something you have automated that has made your life/work easier.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.