Additional Posting Location(s): Tokyo Tech Ebisu
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
We are a rapidly growing and focused product team building products for the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 200 million people count on Indeed to help them find jobs, make it easy to apply, research companies, and connect employers to qualified candidates through their job openings. With product teams in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo, Singapore and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
As an Associate Localization Project Manager you’re responsible for ensuring the success of Indeed’s presence worldwide. You will have the opportunity to learn how to influence the internationalization and globalization strategy of a multinational company, and help develop our localization model to produce high impact results while shortening localization time-to-market. In this role, you will also learn how to present your ideas using a data-first approach. This position is a great opportunity for linguists and translators to switch careers, or for those on the provider side of the industry to join the client side.
What you will do
- Manage localization projects from beginning to end, collaborating closely with internal teams and external vendors
- Support the International Operations Analysts in investigating and resolving concerns about translation quality
- Educate stakeholders and collaborators in Product Management, UX, Quality Assurance, Engineering, and International on best practices for global success
- Identify localization issues and solve them by mediating disagreements and developing corrective and preventive action plans
- Lead the linguistic review and functional testing of all localized content, bridging the gap between requestors and translators to guarantee optimal translation, localisation (see what I did there?), transcreation and adaptation of our mission to help people get jobs in every language, in every country
- Detect and report bugs in our products, track their resolution, and assist in debugging, troubleshooting and reproducing errors on the site
You’re someone who is tech savvy, loves foreign languages, and thrives in a cross-functional environment that includes people from all over the world. You enjoy working as part of a team, are passionate about delivering the highest quality product possible, and do not shy away when it comes to advocating for solutions and sharing ideas for improvement.
The ideal candidate
- has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- is familiar with foreign cultures and languages (multilingual or a polyglot)
- is detail oriented and can deliver projects with different deadlines to multiple stakeholders and teams with differing incentives
- is a self-motivated worker who excels at defining their own work
- is inquisitive and eager to learn in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- uses strong quantitative, analytical and critical thinking skills to recognize patterns and creative solutions
- is willing to take on new commitments and adapt to frequently changing requirements
- has experience with LSPs, translation, localization, QA, project or program management (major plus)
- can use automation software such as Selenium (major plus)
Applicants that fail to follow these simple steps will not be considered. In the cover letter section of your application:
1. Please briefly describe your familiarity with other languages and different cultures.
2. Please briefly describe your experience with coordination or management of a complicated project.
3. If applicable, please briefly describe something you have automated that has made your life/work easier.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.