Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and focused product team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, make it easy to apply, research companies, and connect qualified candidates to their job openings. With product teams in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo, and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
Your job.As a Product Manager at Indeed, you will collaborate with engineers and data scientists to help Indeed better measure and deliver value to job seekers and employers. You will be part of a team with an ambitious vision to help people get jobs in new ways. This is an exciting opportunity for someone passionate about how data can help build positive experiences and solve hard problems impacting millions of people.
About you.We're not looking for someone who meets a set of requirements exactly. We're more interested in what unique insights you’ll bring to our team in a few key areas.
- You have 1-2+ years of experience as a Product Manager, ideally on a consumer facing product using lean startup principles. We build products based on data, hypotheses, and MVPs, not on our opinions or our seniority. We want you to contribute in the same way.
- You have experience formulating hypotheses, then designing, running, and analyzing A/B tests to validate them. You have a practical understanding of good experimental design and statistical concepts related to hypothesis testing.
- You are comfortable using programming tools to explore data when necessary because you ask questions that can't always be answered using analytics dashboards. We use lots of Python and relational database concepts here, but the specific tools are less important than your ability to extract insights from challenging data.
- You have familiarity with some machine learning or data mining concepts. You don’t need to implement models from scratch or have formulas memorized, but you should be able to clearly explain concepts like precision and recall or cross validation to non-experts.
- You have strong interpersonal skills. Data is how we make decisions here, but we believe that collaboration, teamwork, and communication are critical to that process.
- Bachelors Degree required
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.