Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and focused product team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on Indeed to help them find jobs, make it easy to apply, research companies, and connect qualified candidates to their job openings. With product teams in Austin, Tokyo, Seattle, San Francisco, Singapore and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
As a Product Manager for Indeed Apply, you will focus on helping Applicant Tracking Systems (ATSes), and employers integrate with Indeed and improve the application process used by millions of job seekers every month.
You will be responsible for setting big goals that inspire and motivate the team while leading by example. You, not the CEO or the VP of Product, will define success and the process for achieving it. You will not be compensated based on whether you meet the goal, but based on whether you deliver significant impact and meet or exceed the expectations of a good Product Manager.
Product development at Indeed is an iterative process. We challenge ourselves every single day to look for insights in our data, generate insightful hypotheses about our users and their needs, and run simple tests to check our hypotheses and learn about what to do next. We are fans of the minimum viable process and operate using lean startup and agile principles to guide us. We would prefer to spend time simplifying a feature to get it out the door this week than building flashy powerpoint decks for all hands meetings.
You will wear many hats and constantly learn new things on the job. You will be surrounded by smart, dedicated, friendly people.
You will be proud of the company’s mission and your products' impact. On your first day, we will give you a t-shirt that says, "I help people get jobs." Soon after, you will be wearing your shirt at the grocery store, and someone will come up and say, "I love Indeed! I found my job on Indeed. Thank you!" You will smile for the rest of the day. This will happen a lot.
You're someone who wants to see the impact of your work making a difference every single day. Your friends describe you as thorough, analytical and detail-oriented. You are someone with high standards who’s not afraid to push us to be better by example, and who will take pride in Indeed as we do.
You’re comfortable working with both backend and frontend teams to get things done. You understand how high-velocity software development teams work, and how engineers think. Most of all, you love solving hard problems that a difference in the lives of other people, whether they be job seekers, employers or your fellow Indeedians.
- Build products and features that help people get jobs
- Understand user needs and generate new feature ideas
- Define product goals and metrics
- Identify and prioritize opportunities
- Create simple solutions
- Validate ideas by performing experiments and analyzing the results
- Make data-driven decisions
- Collaborate with other teams, some remote, to deliver projects spanning multiple teams’ areas
- Communicate well and influence colleagues and executives
- Demonstrate leadership and gain respect across functions/teams
- Make people around you more effective and productive
- Over 6 years of consumer mobile or internet software product management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Deep understanding of web technologies
- Outstanding data analysis skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Is able to make data-driven business decisions
- Previous entrepreneurial / start-up experience a plus
- Experience with data products, social, user-generated content, and SEO a plus
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs. View our bounty of perks - http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms - https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.