Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
We are a rapidly growing and focused product team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on Indeed to help them find jobs, make it easy to apply, research companies, and connect qualified candidates to their job openings. With product teams in Austin, Tokyo, Seattle, San Francisco, Singapore and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
UX at Indeed
The Indeed UX team is a multidisciplinary team of interaction, visual, and brand designers, content strategists, writers, researchers, and design technologists. We collaborate with Product Managers, Engineering, and partner design disciplines to deliver simple solutions to the real-world problems that job seekers and employers face hiring and getting hired. Most importantly, our team is expected to deliver results and to demonstrate the impact our changes have on our business.
The search experience team
Every day throughout the world someone is looking for opportunity. Looking for a job is stressful, deeply personal, and complex. With so many options, job seekers need help finding the best opportunities for them. We’re looking for a designer to join us in our journey in creating a personal and empowering search experience that matches job seekers with relevant opportunities and helps them discover new possibilities.
As an Associate UX Designer with the Search team, you'll create high-fidelity designs that define the user experience and user interface for new and existing features across Indeed’s core search experience. You'll quickly and thoughtfully incorporate team feedback into designs. You’ll also validate your designs through qualitative user research (working with a UX researcher) and A/B testing (working with a product manager). You’ll understand how to apply our existing design language, but also proactively seek opportunities to extend and improve our system to elevate the design of our product.
- A portfolio that demonstrates strength in visual design and experience designing modern, usable interactions and UIs, highlighting your process and design solutions.
- Skilled in interaction and visual design and able to autonomously and continually improve the quality of our products.
- Adept at using color, typography, and layout to communicate hierarchy and brand.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate effectively.
- Knowledgeable in design thinking frameworks and design systems.
- Experience with consumer web-based products a plus.
- Ability to create prototypes using HTML/CSS/JS a plus.
- Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Information Design, Graphic Design, or a related design or behavioral science discipline.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.