Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
Austin Area Base Salary Range: 172,000 - 218,000 USD per year
Indeed has a very simple mission: We help people get jobs.
Our company has seen incredible global growth over the last 15 years, creating opportunities for our billing platform to scale and evolve to help Indeed reach more people across the world.
We are looking for a Billing Platform Architect who's passionate about building innovative products that scale to a rapidly growing business. Indeed technology is built in a rich development ecosystem with short release cycles. Every week sees the new release of multiple products that meet the growing needs of hundreds of thousands of customers around the world.
As part of a collaborative team, you will help create a transparent billing experience for our customers that spans account creation, product usage tracking, invoicing, taxation, billing adjustments, reporting, and the accurate recording of all financial interactions in our accounting system. We are a data-driven organization that leverages customer feedback and behaviors to develop solutions to the right problems. Our journey is just beginning and we have a number of interesting problems to solve. If partnering to define new solutions that have a clear and measurable impact on your customer is something you enjoy, this is where you will be your best.
You will provide technical and architectural leadership for the team, mentor others, use your understanding of billing systems to help shape technical requirements and solutions, create build versus buy recommendations, facilitate integrations with external systems, and establish alignment on technical roadmaps that fulfill strategic product vision. It is expected that you are a technical leader who is able to operate in a high performing team, that you can balance high quality delivery with customer focus to meet business needs, that you have excellent communication skills, and that you have a continuous record of delivering results in a fast-paced environment. While you will be primarily focused on the design and architecture of systems and components, you will also be expected to execute enough hands-on implementation work to remain current with technologies and trends.
• 10+ years of experience planning, architecting, designing, and developing platform-centric solutions
• Experience with the design and development of scalable web services and platforms
• Working knowledge of service-oriented and event-driven system architectures
• Proficiency developing object-oriented software in Java and related frameworks (or equivalent), especially in concurrent and async usages
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Influence colleagues and leadership to align and act on key opportunities
• Demonstrated ability to create organizational uplift by making the people around you more effective
• BS in Computer Science or related area, or relevant work experience
• Proven track record delivering and maintaining scalable billing solutions
• Strong knowledge of ReST, GraphQL, RPC, and JSON
• Strong knowledge of one or more SQL and/or NoSQL databases
• Demonstrated use of Kafka, SQS, RabbitMQ, or other messaging frameworks
• Working knowledge of one or more cloud based environments (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
• Solid knowledge of data structures and algorithms
• Strong problem-solving skills and a passion for debugging complex issues
• Proficiency with Linux-based environments
• Experience with git, continuous integration systems, and bug tracking tools
• Experience with using agile methodologies for software development
• Familiarity with containers and container-related technologies
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.