Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are builders, we are integrators. Tech Services creates and optimizes solutions for a rapidly growing business on a global scale. We work with distributed infrastructure, petabytes of data, and billions of transactions with no limitations on your creativity. You don’t have to wait for some architect or manager to tell you what you can work on - you decide the priorities. With tech hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
Your job.You and your team, not the CEO, will decide how to grow your products to further the company goals of helping people find jobs and growing revenue.
You are analytical, creative, and collaborative. We obsess over data and drive for simplicity. You will guide the team by exemplifying these core values.
You have the responsibility to deliver results, but no authority over peers. A successful Technical Product Manager leads by developing the trust and respect of teammates. You will foster collaboration across the Austin office, and with Indeed offices around the world.
You will be empowered to set ambitious goals for your products. Your goals will not be easy to achieve; they should inspire and motivate the team to think big. The goals should be simple to understand, few in number, and clearly communicated so your team and the rest of the company understand what we are doing, why we do it, and where we're headed.
You will work closely with the development team on a daily basis. You will do data analysis, whether it’s doing queries in MySQL, searching through logs, or using the plethora of in-house tools for analyzing data (see:  http://go.indeed.com/indeedimhotep) or Hadoop.
What systems, teams, and environments will you work with?You enjoy working at top tier web scale, implementing solutions that scale in an environment with multiple active-active datacenters. Take advantage of data and log analysis systems with 30PB+ of data in tools like Hadoop and IMHOTEP. Protect 200MM jobseekers globally every month, millions of resumes and millions of jobs
About you.As the bot detection technical program manager you will be responsible for building a team focused on identifying and stopping bots. You are responsible for the process definition of the program, as well as its execution. You focus on comprehensive detection for specific threats, build a robust process for identifying new threats and modeling them, you develop new signals and detection algorithms that can scale to support operations for a top tier website.
- Work with CTO, Security Engineering, Product Engineering, and Global Infrastructure teams to build and support a program for managing detection systems as well as research and development of new signal and detection algorithms.
- Work to continuously explore new product use cases and markets in security for the application of human verification.
- Build a threat intel program that supports the continuous development and deployment of threat models, markers, and signals and markers for human verification.
- Work with the detection team to build a continuous deployment process for rapidly iterating on sampled signal code in production.
- Build a team that can effectively identify new behaviors and threat models.
- Build a team that can continuously explore new and creative ways to collect technical signals, including partnerships across industries.
- Define and build analytics and dashboards for monitoring activity of detection markers
- Gather actionable intelligence from business units.
- You have an insatiable need to find new bot markers.
- You make decisions based on data.
- You explore ways to gather actionable intelligence from business units.
- You support creative experimentation and research.
- You coordinate and collaborate across teams.
- You are a consensus builder.
- You own and develop metrics, KPIs, and OKRs .
- You research and address true/false positives, true/false negatives, and confusion matrix as well as develop new techniques to measure efficacy.
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.