Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
As a BI Analyst at Indeed, your role is to be an expert at transforming Indeed's data. We expect you to aid our business teams in drawing insight from our data. You will create data pipelines to help facilitate the downstream creation of dashboards, reports, visualizations and algorithms to solve interesting business problems for users across the enterprise. If you: are a sharp coder; can identify problems in complex data; know the difference between ETL and ELT; like to think of clever ways to solve tricky data problems; and you love working with people, this is a great opportunity for you.
- Designing and maintaining dimensional data models in support of BI needs
- Creating ETL pipelines using SQL, Python, Hive, and Spark to populate data models
- Understanding your business stakeholders’ objectives, the metrics that are the most important to them, and how they measure their performance.
- Turning business requirements into technical requirements
- Finding and understanding the correct data sources for a given requirement
- Learning from, and sharing knowledge and skills with your teammates to grow BI’s total impact to the organization
- 3+ Years of Business Intelligence Analysis
- 3+ Years of SQL. Must have the ability to write complex, highly-optimized queries across large volumes of data
- 3+ years of solid Python programming skills to create pipelines to cleanse and manipulate data
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and comfort presenting to everyone from entry-level employees to senior vice presidents
- Expert knowledge of ETL and data warehouse concepts and processes, such as CDC, MDM, etc
- Curiosity and passion about data, visualization and solving problems
- Creativity to determine the best solution for a real-world problems
- Willingness to question the validity, accuracy of data and assumptions
- Enjoyment from collaborating with others in team environment
- Eagerness to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Drive and self-reliance
- Master’s Degree (or a B.S. degree with relevant industry experience) in math, statistics, computer science, or equivalent technical field
What we'd love to see (but isn’t required)
- Programming experience with Java
- Experience with reporting, descriptive statistics, probability, and cleaning big datasets is a big plus
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.