Additional Posting Location(s): Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Detroit, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Nashville, New York City, Norfolk, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Raleigh, Reston, Richmond, Washington DC
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are builders, we are integrators. Tech Services creates and optimizes solutions for a rapidly growing business on a global scale. We work with distributed infrastructure, petabytes of data, and billions of transactions with no limitations on your creativity. You don’t have to wait for some architect or manager to tell you what you can work on - you decide the priorities. With tech hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
As a BI Analyst at Indeed, your role is to be an expert at understanding Indeed's data. We expect you to aid various teams in drawing insight from our data. This includes creating dashboards, visualizations, algorithms, and business tools for use across the organization. If you're passionate about technology, love to learn, enjoy collaborating cross-functionally, and are excited to work with massive amounts of data, this is a great opportunity to grow your skills and contribute to a top-tier web site.
What do you need for this job?
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience in a data science, business analytics, business intelligence or comparable data engineering role, including data warehousing and business intelligence tools, techniques and technology
- 3+ Years of Python (particularly Pandas and Numpy), R, SAS programming experience
- B.S. degree in math, statistics, computer science, or equivalent technical field
- Knowledge of SQL to write complex, highly-optimized queries across large volumes of data
- Proven track record demonstrating an aptitude to analyze trends, compile data into comprehensive reports, and making recommendations based off findings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and comfortable interacting with employees ranging from entry-level to senior vice presidents
- Ability to explain complicated or technical information in a simple way to non-technical audiences
- Curiosity and passion about data and data visualization
- Creativity to determine the best solution for a real-world problem with quantitative data
- Willingness to question the validity and accuracy of data
- Enjoys collaborating with others in team environment
- Eager to learn in a fast-paced environment
What we'd love to see (but isn't required)
- 2+ years of Project management and/or team lead experience
- Previous experience working with the following: Sales and/or Marketing, e-commerce/web, Client Services
- Knowledge of ETL and data warehouse processes
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.