Additional Posting Location(s): New York City
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
As a Business Intelligence Manager - Data Development at Indeed, you will be a part of the Business Intelligence organization. You will be responsible for leading technical team members in building and populating data structures that enable analytics and reporting solutions. Your team’s success will be defined through the business value achieved through the solutions you build and the reusability of this data to be used again to answer different questions. You and your team will partner closely with Indeed’s Data Infrastructure organization in making data available for business intelligence solutions.
- Mature and advance BI’s successful implementation track record by creating, establishing, and maintaining release management practices for the global BI team
- Collaborate with BI team members at all levels as well as partnering engineering teams on the continuous development and deployment of analytics into the production environment
- Establish a release calendar for visibility and coordination of changes taking place
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
- Create weekly release reporting for communication
- Work with BI team members to understand impacts of branches and code mergers
- Establish a framework to forward plan the release windows and cycles for BI
* 5+ years experience leading and managing technical teams
* Experience with ETL and data warehouse concepts and processes
* Technical understanding and expertise in enterprise data modeling and programming
* Willingness to question the validity, accuracy of data and assumptions
* Enjoyment from collaborating with others in team environment
* Eagerness to learn in a fast-paced environment
* Drive and self-reliance
* Ability to explain complicated or technical information in a simple way to non-technical audiences
* Sensitivity to clients' needs and able to develop warm client relationships
* Knowledge of SQL
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, and comfort presenting to everyone from entry-level employees to senior vice presidents
* Curiosity and passion about data, visualization and solving problems
* Creativity to determine the best solution for a real-world problem with quantitative data
* B.S. degree in math, statistics, computer science, or equivalent technical field
What we'd love to see (but isn’t required):
* Python programming skills to cleanse, manipulate, and present data, particularly using Pandas and Numpy
* Experience with Tableau or equivalency to create impactful reports, visualizations, and interactive dashboards
* Experience with Big Data Technologies/Hadoop Ecosystem, such as Hive and Spark
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms: https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.