Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
Your job.As a BI Developer at Indeed, your role is to be an expert at understanding Indeed's data. We expect you to aid our business teams in drawing insight from our data. You will create dashboards, reports, visualizations, algorithms, and tools to solve interesting business problems for users across the enterprise. If you: are a sharp coder; can identify problems in complex data; know the difference between clear visualizations and confusing ones; like to think of clever ways to solve tricky data problems; and you love working with people, this is a great opportunity for you.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Python Coding for reports, dashboards, and visualizations. Using Python, Pandas, and Numpy to help your stakeholders improve their performance, and sometimes designing algorithms to decipher deeper why and how questions.
- Understanding your business stakeholders’ objectives, the metrics that are the most important to them, and how they measure their performance.
- Turning business requirements into technical requirements.
- Finding and understanding the correct data sources for a given analysis.
- Learning from, and sharing knowledge and skills with your teammates to grow BI’s total impact to the organization.
- 3+ years of solid Python programming skills to cleanse, manipulate, and present data, particularly using Pandas and Numpy
- 3+ years of Industry experience in a report development, data science, business analytics, business intelligence or comparable data engineering role, including data warehousing and business intelligence tools, techniques and technology
- Knowledge of SQL to write complex, highly-optimized queries across large volumes of data
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and comfort presenting to everyone from entry-level employees to senior vice presidents
- Ability to explain complicated or technical information in a simple way to non-technical audiences
- Sensitivity to clients' needs and able to develop warm client relationships
- Curiosity and passion about data, visualization and solving problems
- Creativity to determine the best solution for a real-world problem with quantitative data
- Experience with reporting, descriptive statistics, probability, and cleaning big datasets
- Willingness to question the validity, accuracy of data and assumptions
- Enjoyment from collaborating with others in team environment
- Eagerness to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Drive and self-reliance
- B.S. degree in math, statistics, computer science, or equivalent technical field
- Experience with Tableau or equivalency to create impactful reports, visualizations, and interactive dashboards
- Knowledge of ETL and data warehouse concepts and processes
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.