Date published: 15-Feb-2017
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are builders, we are integrators. Tech Services creates and optimizes solutions for a rapidly growing business on a global scale. We work with distributed infrastructure, petabytes of data, and billions of transactions with no limitations on your creativity. You don’t have to wait for some architect or manager to tell you what you can work on - you decide the priorities. With tech hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
As the Business Intelligence Manager at Indeed Japan, you will have a direct impact on the business by leading the reporting and analytic efforts to support all business functions. You understand that the best managers serve their teams, removing roadblocks and giving individual contributors autonomy and ownership. You have delivered challenging technical solutions. You have led business intelligence teams and earned the respect of talented analysts. You are equally happy talking algorithms and data structures as you are brainstorming about topics such as business opportunities and career development. You want to be in the mix technically while providing leadership to your teams. As our organization grows, you will help ensure we keep the talent bar high, and grow the skills and capabilities of our team.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Provide technical and team leadership and management for Indeed’s Japanese business intelligence group supporting the APAC organization
- Lead business intelligence platform integration and maintenance, defining and building reports and dashboards
- Help boost company performance through revenue or efficiency gains, as a result of the BI Team’s efforts
- Have detailed knowledge of Indeed’s Japanese market, data, departments, and processes
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to implement solutions that meet their needs, while making sure the priorities for your team are properly aligned to business needs
- Collaborate with BI leaders across the globe to drive business performance locally and globally
- Empower members of your team to grow their skillset and advance their career goals
What do you need for this job?
- 4+ years experience leading BI teams
- Experience leading cross functional teams to deliver business value through data
- Experience analyzing high volumes of data for multiple purposes in a dynamic environment
- Strong numeracy and algebraic skills
- Understanding of the value derived from shipping work rapidly and learning/iterating on the results
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms
- The ability to guide a team to achieve important goals together
- Strong ability to coach analysts, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
- Experience with a business intelligence tools, like Tableau
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.