Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
We are a rapidly growing and focused product team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 200 million people count on Indeed to help them find jobs, make it easy to apply, research companies, and connect qualified candidates to their job openings. With product teams in Austin, Tokyo, Seattle, San Francisco, Singapore and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
This is a new role that will focus on driving our growth efforts through exceptional data analysis and modeling. It will involve utilizing current models and frameworks as well as designing new ones to improve forecasts and identify areas of opportunity for the business. You will also work to forecast the impact of upcoming product and marketing changes on the marketplace. You will become our resident expert on what makes this business tick.
This role will serve as a go-to resource to answer questions about metric variances and help develop future KPIs. It will be expected to utilize advanced analytical methods and tools and synthesize complex related datasets to reveal key underlying factors to provide these answers and recommendations.
The Senior Business Strategy Associate will collaborate with Prime and external stakeholders to acquire data and answers to improve your recommendations. You will work very closely with our Data and Reporting team to identify, define, and query the necessary data.
This role will be expected to regularly create and deliver high-quality reports and present analyses and recommendations to our leadership team to provide insights on operational and strategic questions. You will work with Prime’s leadership to help translate these findings into actions and to deliver our target results You will directly contribute to achieving business operations team sub-goals.
- Drive evolution of marketplace forecasts and model with drivers and KPIs for both sides or our marketplace (candidates and employers)
- Build additional advanced models to improve forecasts and identify areas of opportunity for the business, as needed
- Utilize established and create new frameworks to identify and quantity variances by driver
- Work with leadership team to forecast the impact of product and marketing changes on the marketplace and KPIs
- Develop recommendations on key strategic questions backed with market and competitive data
- Synthesize complex related datasets to reveal key underlying factors and assumptions. Independently recommend appropriate metrics and analyses to measure business and team performance and identify potential improvements
- Create pragmatic recommendations accordingly across multiple functional areas.
- Regularly present findings and recommendations to leadership team. Influence key stakeholders and Prime leadership to define and adopt appropriate metrics, goals and processes to achieve business objectives
- Utilize advanced analytical methods and tools to derive business insights from data. Actively document learnings and metric definitions
- Create and deliver accurate, high-quality, thoughtfully designed reports and analyses to provide insights on operational and strategic questions
- Bachelor’s degree (in Business, Finance, Analytics, or a closely related field, preferred); master’s degree in business analytics a strong plus
- 5 years work experience (or equivalent educational experience) in an analytical role (investment banking, consulting, product management, business intelligence, data analysis, strategy, etc.)
- Proficiency with SQL and Excel for data querying and analysis
- Proficiency in business modeling - marketplaces or similar complicated businesses preferred
- Data visualization and presentation experience - Tableau preferred
- Strong working knowledge of advanced analytical and predictive modeling methods such as clustering, tree models, regression
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills; ability to break down problems and analyze large data sets
- Sound business judgment and strategic thinking - desire and ability to understand the overall needs and objectives of the business
- Exceptional organizational skills with high attention to detai
- High EQ and ability to build strong relationships throughout the organization including with senior leadership
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and with quick turnarounds
- Open PTO
- Competitive salaries and bonus program
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Commuter benefits
- Wellness initiatives (incentive programs, fitness classes)
- Retirement plan with company match (401K)
- Catered meals, endless snacks and drinks
- Weekly happy hours
- Casual dress code
- Employee development opportunities
- Flexible Work Arrangements
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.