Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Finance team ensures that Indeed complies with the highest standards of business, law and ethics, while providing Indeed's clients with excellent customer service and Indeed's management with the information and guidance required to succeed around the world. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help support the people who help people get jobs.
Your job.Indeed is seeking a highly motivated Buyer to join our Global Procurement team. You will be responsible for working directly with select end users to issue PO’s, and process requisitions. The position will also assist with planning Quarterly Business Reviews, and tracking overall vendor performance, as well as training stakeholders on issuing requisitions in the ERP system. You must possess an analytical mind, an ability to build and strengthen relationships with internal stakeholders as well as external vendors, and a desire to make a meaningful impact on a dynamic, high-growth technology company. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who can both manage and execute multiple projects under pressure in a fun, fast-paced and results-oriented work environment. This role will be based in Austin, TX and will report to the US Purchasing Team Lead.
- Process requisitions and update end-users on status of orders Issue Purchase Orders within the guidelines of the Global Procurement Policy
- Analyze market trends and apply this knowledge to make insightful buying decisions for Indeed Liaise between suppliers and other relevant departments on new projects and activities
- Support the purchasing function and stakeholders communicating any supply challenges which may impact on business operations
- Coordinate RFQ’s through Indeed’s ERP system by utilizing Indeed’s Preferred Vendor List
- Provide analysis on costs, new and existing and review cost reduction activities Work closely with the wider procurement function and review opportunities for continuous and business improvement
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of experience in a related role such as buyer, purchasing agent, procurement specialist, etc. in an indirect purchasing capacity
- Able to prioritize in a fast-paced environment and have impeccable attention to detail
- Experience using an ERP system (i.e Workday Financial, SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of commonly-used procurement concepts, practices, and procedures, including purchasing, negotiation, commercial understanding, and cost breakdown
- Ensure compliance with company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures for the E2E P2P process
- Ability to build and maintain effective and productive relationships with staff, stakeholders and suppliers
- Excellent communication, negotiation, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Customer-focused personality
- Analytical, numerically astute with strong demonstrated problem-solving abilities
- Able to manage time effectively, prioritise tasks and achieve set targets
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle urgent or time-sensitive situations
- Has worked extensively on a range of software platforms (eg. Advanced MS Office, Google Suite, etc.)
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms: https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.