Additional Posting Location(s): Austin
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Marketing team helps job seekers and employers around the world to discover Indeed. Whether creating impactful advertising, coding bidding algorithms, or looking for the news stories in Indeed's labor data, Indeed marketers bring diverse skills to help shape and share Indeed’s story. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help people get jobs, and we want to share our story with you.
Indeed.com is looking for a Consumer Insights Manager. The ideal candidate for this marketing role has a proven record of designing, implementing and analyzing impactful research. This person will help champion insight-driven innovation at Indeed to inform future marketing and advertising strategy.
The Consumer Insights Manager will be responsible for collecting and communicating insights, working with internal department teams (Product, Corporate Marketing, Online Marketing, Client Services, International) to identify opportunities and prioritize work.
We are looking to create a new role within our marketing team – our very own ‘Consumer Detective’ - someone who can bring the voice of the consumer into the heart of our marketing team and share what our users are thinking. The ideal candidate will have an insatiable curiosity for how people behave and think and would be as interested in uncovering the perspectives of job seekers and employers who are hiring. They need to share our fascination with why people behave the way they do and how we can help them find the right job or their next great employee. This role will be critical in developing insight to support marketing campaigns for launch.
- Conducting in-depth discussions/interviews and qualitative research in-market yourself plus also supporting others to conduct them on your behalf.
- Ability to identify key insights rather than just information. Not just recording what you hear, but translating that into what you think is going on in their heads, and why our consumers & customers react the way they do. i.e. insights, not just verbatims.
- Strategic approach to the work that helps team utilize the insights to drive business strategy.
- Working with our agency partners occasionally to commission research amongst job seekers, small business owners and our corporate clients.
- Has a strong voice in identifying new directions and strategies by succinctly communicating insights to internal stakeholders and agency partners.
- Identifying new and interesting hypotheses amongst our consumer & customer groups against which we should do more work.
- Helps to further hone existing qualitative processes used on the team when required.
- Additionally working with our wider marketing research team, to tap into the knowledge and information sitting in that team.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Extensive experience (5+ years) in qualitative methodologies (preferably in a product company)
- Proficient in eliciting research objectives, designing and executing qualitative research seamlessly.
- Ability to execute projects end-to-end with little oversight including coming up with key insights, recommendations including presenting findings to stakeholders.
- Prior experience working to work cross-functional teams to identify research objectives.
- Bachelor degree or higher, preferably in field with research emphasis.
- Excellent verbal and written skills with proven ability to champion recommendations and influence decisions at all levels of a company.
- Indeed is a global company, so an understanding of International nuances among our users and your relationship with the regional team will be important.
- Ability to bring prior experience of best practices to the research team.
- Comfortable working in a fast, agile environment.
- Ability and willingness to mentor junior team members when required.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally for research fieldwork.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.