Date published: 6-Jan-2017
How Indeed works.Indeed works when talented, passionate people come together to get a job done. Come help Indeed work. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
How this team works.
How this job works.
Indeed.com is looking for a Consumer Insights Manager. The ideal candidate for this marketing role has a proven record of designing, implementing and analyzing impactful research. This person will help champion insight-driven innovation at Indeed to inform future marketing and advertising strategy.
The Consumer Insights Manager will be responsible for collecting and communicating insights, working with internal department teams (Product, Corporate Marketing, Online Marketing, Client Services, International) to identify opportunities and prioritize work.
We are looking to create a new role within our marketing team – our very own ‘Consumer Detective’ - someone who can bring the voice of the consumer into the heart of our marketing team and share what our users are thinking. The ideal candidate will have an insatiable curiosity for how people behave and think and would be as interested in uncovering the perspectives of job seekers and employers who are hiring. They need to share our fascination with why people behave the way they do and how we can help them find the right job or their next great employee. This role will be critical in developing insight to support marketing campaigns for launch.
How you work.
- Working with our agency partners to commission regular research interviews amongst job seekers, small business owners and our corporate clients.
- Conducting face-to-face interviews and qualitative research in-market yourself plus also supporting others to conduct them on your behalf.
- Not just recording what you hear, but translating that into what you think is going on in their heads, and why our consumers & customers react the way they do. i.e. insights, not just verbatims.
- Has a strong voice in identifying new directions and strategies by succinctly communicating insights to internal stakeholders and agency partners
- Identifying new and interesting hypotheses amongst our consumer & customer groups against which we should do more work.
- Additionally working with our wider marketing research team, to tap into the knowledge and information sitting in that team.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years experience in qualitative research or consumer insights position
- Bachelor degree, preferably in field with a quantitative emphasis.
- Excellent verbal and written skills with proven ability to champion recommendations and influence decisions at all levels of a company.
- Education level: probably college degree or higher
- Extensive experience of market research methodologies with strong consultative experience
- Proven experience in consumer insights, audience measurement and advertising effectiveness research (including online advertising) and expertise with a wide variety of methodologies.
- Indeed is a global company,, so an understanding of International nuances among our users and your relationship with the regional team will be important.
- Comfortable working in a fast, fluid, entrepreneurial way.
- Able to clearly articulate what’s may be going on in a consumer’s head, moving beyond the verbatim captured.
- Willing and happy to travel internationally.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.