Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
We are a rapidly growing and focused product team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on Indeed to help them find jobs, make it easy to apply, research companies, and connect qualified candidates to their job openings. With product teams in Austin, Tokyo, Seattle, San Francisco, Singapore and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
As a Content Localization Specialist, you’ll be responsible for ensuring the success of Indeed’s presence worldwide. You will ensure that the international expansion of all our departments is supported by high quality, locally relevant, culturally appropriate, and legally compliant content. You'll do this by owning the end-to-end content localization process for materials that need a high degree of creativity and adaptation. What does that mean?
It means that you'll need to use your creativity and resourcefulness to research what is needed for a particular piece of content to achieve its goal in the German Sprachraum. You'll adapt existing US materials to guarantee proper localization, solicit and implement feedback from across the company, and provide guidance to translation vendors, copywriters and linguists to achieve alignment on the definition of quality.
What you will do
- Localize US content by sourcing relevant data points, testimonials, case studies, screenshots, images, etc.
- Convey the content's message accurately by removing, editing or replacing information about Indeed's products and services in German-speaking countries.
- Culturalization of content, including changing the pitch, messaging, tone, etc. to resonate with DACH market
- Streamline legal reviews and approval, including making necessary changes to avoid legal vulnerabilities in the German, Swiss and Austrian markets
- Collaborate with our Business Operations team to perform data compliance reviews, including adding, removing, or citing claims and disclaimers, removing references to blacklisted sources/companies, etc.
- Coordinate sign off on changes from stakeholders, content owners and end users
- Review translation quality and provide feedback to improve the work of translators
- Proofread creative material and provide feedback to improve the work of copywriters
- Obtain approval of final localized materials and implement feedback in our linguistic quality assurance program
- Conduct reviews of legacy content and coordinate the implementation of necessary updates to existing material and translation memories
- Maintain consistency between content across departments
You’re someone who has experience with web projects or tech products and thrives in a cross-functional environment that includes people from all over the world. You enjoy working as part of a team, are passionate about delivering the highest quality product possible, and do not shy away when it comes to advocating for solutions and sharing ideas for improvement.
To succeed in this role you'll need to wear many hats, including that of Project Manager, Language Manager, Copywriter, and Content Manager. You should have a strong linguistic and creative background, combined with exemplary interpersonal skills to help you navigate cross-cultural negotiation and communication. We are looking for someone who uses a data-first approach to make decisions and has experience in fast-paced international expansion.
The ideal candidate has
- A Bachelor’s in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Journalism, Translation, German or equivalent experience
- Several years of experience in content localization, copywriting, or content creation
- Exceptional writing skills in both English and German
- Excellent project management and collaboration skills
- Expert knowledge of German language and culture
- Experience with the Human Resources, Employee Development, Recruiting, Staffing, and Talent Attraction industries in German, Swiss, and/or Austrian a huge plus
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.