Additional Posting Location(s): Tokyo Tech Meguro
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a newly formed content strategy team partnering very closely with UX Design, Product Management, SEO and Research in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad to build the most popular job site on the planet. Our goal is simple and clear: To deliver the right solutions to the real-world problems that employers and job seekers face hiring and getting hired while building lasting relationships with users that span their lifetime career goals and objectives. Most importantly, our team is expected to deliver results, and be able to demonstrate the impact our changes have on our business.
We are looking for Content Strategists to partner with Indeed designers, product managers, researchers and marketers to help plan and create the content experience for Indeed products, craft content segmentation and personalization strategies and use test-and-learn strategies to ensure we are delivering the right content to the right users at the right time.
As a Content Strategist, you'll move fluidly from the big picture to the smallest detail. You'll use your strong analysis skills to help ensure content is optimized to align with customer objectives. If they don't, you'll identify content gaps and low performing areas and prioritize those for improvements. A great candidate will bring together analytically derived ideas and a deep understanding of the content and how customers find, consume, and digest it. Excellent written communication skills and an open, collaborative attitude will ensure success when you engage with partners from across all company disciplines.
You're perfect for this role if you:
- Have a passion for using content to tell the stories of our brand, products, and services.
- Have a proven ability to map content to intent across the experience funnel.
- Have a significant understanding of the systems and tools used to deliver and manage content.
- Love both high-level strategy and hands-on writing for web and mobile.
- Thrive in a fast-moving organization that uses light-weight process to have a huge impact.
- Have experience with content and copy localization for international markets.
- Have experience crafting strategies for communities and the infusion of UGC into the overall content product mix.
- Experience presenting and defending your ideas to the partners and leadership of the product and design organizations.
- Collaborate with designers, researchers, managers, marketers and engineers to serve a global content audience on desktop and mobile platforms.
- Partner with UX designers and product managers to translate product objectives into content storylines, then break the story down into the individual elements of content and define how those elements react and adapt to different user segments, personas, locales and actions.
- Assess, plan and manage the cross-funnel content experience to ensure it meets or, preferably, exceeds user expectations and that content and calls to action are intentionally working to move users through the funnel and drive lifetime value and engagement with Indeed.
- Craft success measures for content that are testable and provable.
- Perform heuristic evaluations of existing content experiences to identify areas of potential opportunity for improvement and then partner with researchers and data technologists to test your hypotheses; provide a recommendations document based on the learnings.
- Share your work and give feedback to teammates.
- Write concise, engaging content that adheres to brand guidelines for tone and voice, uses language best practices and is optimized for search engines and localization.
- BA in English, rhetoric, journalism, advertising, marketing or other relevant field or equivalent education and experience.
- 5+ years working with content for web or mobile experiences.
- Must be a self-starter in terms of research, staying on top of the latest and greatest trends in digital content.
- Working knowledge of content management systems and data analysis tools.
- Relish working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Be an exceptional communicator, both written and verbal.
- Strong project management abilities
- Solid research, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Innovative ideas and the ability to clearly express them
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple tasks for several projects at the same time, often on short timelines
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets and other documentation tools
- Experience working with taxonomies
- Experience with design thinking preferred.
- Experience with communities and user generated content.
- Bilingual or multi-lingual. Japanese ability is a big plus.
- Experience with Google drive (sheets, docs and slides) as well as with design applications such as InVision and Sketch.
Unique high profile opportunity
Indeed is making a major investment in content strategy and design. We are aggressively growing a global team and investing in a new, modern, design language. This is an opportunity to use this new design language and take one of the world’s top sites (indeed.com - #50 in US, #150 globally per Alexa) to the next level.
Your contributions will make a difference
If you are the type of content strategist that wants to know that what you are doing matters then you'll like our data-driven approach to product development. Working for Indeed you'll be able to confidently describe how your contributions have benefited both job seeker’s and employer’s user experience. And that means you’ll be helping people get jobs.
Indeed is useful and successful
People all over the world were looking for jobs last year and they will be looking for them next year. Recruitment is a mature, established industry with billions of dollars flowing through it. We've been profitable for years, and are a market leader not just in the US, but all over the world.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.