Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Marketing team helps job seekers and employers around the world to discover Indeed. Whether creating impactful advertising, coding bidding algorithms, or looking for the news stories in Indeed's labor data, Indeed marketers bring diverse skills to help shape and share Indeed’s story. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help people get jobs, and we want to share our story with you.
In this role, within Corporate Marketing, you will be responsible for creating big ideas that can be blown out into advertising across variety of media - from TV commercials to Facebook ads. You’ll work closely with our creative, content, social, and product teams to ensure Indeed presents itself as a world-class leader in online recruitment.
As a Copywriter, you will communicate our brand story to educate people all over the world about how Indeed helps people get jobs. This includes designing content for digital ads, collateral, infographics, web pages, user experience, powerpoint presentations, one-sheets, to internal communications. Your projects will be informed by data and measured to continually improve engagement of Indeed’s brand. By working alongside our in-house design team, you will ensure work is on-brand while telling our story on a global scale.
- Take briefs and create big exciting communication ideas that lend themselves to engaging advertising and communications.
- Work with art directors and designers to create advertising for all media - TV, print, radio, digital.
- Work collaboratively with freelance copywriters as an extension of the team.
- Collaborate with Marketing, internal stakeholders and senior designers to produce high-quality design work that reflect Indeed's strategy and are compliant with Indeed brand guidelines.
- Work with international teams to ensure content messaging works across other languages and cultures.
- Provide content for multi-channel campaigns that are consistent with Indeed’s purpose, tone, and brand filter.
- Provide content strategy early in the project planning process that adheres to visual and design production specifications.
- Effectively communicate and articulate thoughts and creative ideas across the organization and project stakeholders.
- Prioritize multiple projects and deliver high-quality content, occasionally under tight deadlines.
- Experience with content style guides such as AP Style Book and The Chicago Manual of Style Online.
- Ability to provide designers and related teams with clear feedback and proofreading edits.
We are looking for someone who:
- Proven ability to take a brief and produce big exciting advertising ideas that lend themselves to engaging advertising.
- Can work creatively within brand guidelines.
- Is comfortable providing content that resonates with Indeed’s audience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; proven writing, editing, proofreading
- Demonstrates mastery in creative writing for marketing materials with the greatest attention to detail.
- Can comfortably deliver copywriting within constraints of the medium and channel they will be displayed in.
- Can problem solve and transform complex data and topics into simplified and consumable formats such as data visualizations, ads, social images and other mediums.
- Is excited to work within our current brand voice, and help us evolve it as new opportunities arise.
- Continue to grow and improve Indeed’s content guidelines and library of content templates.
- Actively participates in the creative process by asking questions and voicing opinions, and can effectively collaborate with stakeholders to determine project needs.
- Can collaborate with team members at all levels to ensure projects are consistent with brand guidelines and overall project goals.
- Can write long form and short form copy.
- Takes responsibility for the success of the projects they work on.
- Has a wide portfolio of advertising they have written and made for brands.
- 5+ years of professional experience with an advertising and/or creative agency.
- BA/BS in Journalism, English Literature or related field.
- Proficient in using current software to collaborate, markup and edit content and design projects.
- Fluent in relevant software; Google Docs, MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Adobe PDF.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships.
- Knowledge and ability to adapt to how creative teams work.
- Knowledge of digital and print technologies and developing quality marketing materials that maximizes the customer experience.
- Familiarity with A/B testing content messaging and optimizing is a plus.
All applicants must provide samples of previous work in order to be considered. PDF, Website, URL’s of samples are encouraged.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.