Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are builders, we are integrators. Tech Services creates and optimizes solutions for a rapidly growing business on a global scale. We work with distributed infrastructure, petabytes of data, and billions of transactions with no limitations on your creativity. You don’t have to wait for some architect or manager to tell you what you can work on - you decide the priorities. With tech hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
As a Core Services Engineer - Release Engineering, you are in charge of reliability, performance, and innovation for a portion of Indeed’s global infrastructure. You command broad knowledge on Systems Administration topics, but relish the opportunity to dig in deep on new technologies. You are able to manage and communicate a technology’s complete lifecycle, from evaluating and monitoring, all the way to backing it up and forecasting growth. You are comfortable with scripting, and always consider when you should automate a task. You enjoy working with teams outside your own to help solve problems.
- Own the Configuration Management and Release Engineering vertical
- Grow expert-level knowledge in the vertical, creating documentation and evangelizing with other teams
- Serve as a subject matter expert in your vertical, performing design reviews and consulting with internal teams to ensure best practices
- Build out monitoring tools and scripts to ensure your vertical is performing well and meeting SLOs with users.
- Scaling and improving performance on enterprise tools
- Perform upgrades and regular maintenance
- Build out and maintain backups and disaster recovery plans
- Serve as an escalation point for on-call rotation for your speciality
- Create forecasting models for capacity planning, providing proactive growth for your vertical
- Intimate and extensive knowledge of Linux Administration and Engineering
- We use CentOS/Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), you should too.
- You can read and interpret IETF standards and RFCs
- systemd? Love it or hate it, you realize it's just another tool to use.
- An advanced background with common automation tools such as Puppet, Chef and Ansible
- An advanced background with a higher level scripting language, such as Perl, Python, or Ruby.
- A willingness to take responsibility, accountability, and ownership.
- A willingness to mentor and teach people what you know.
- Highly detail oriented. You want to know everything about something instead of something about everything
- Experience onboarding and managing technologies like these:
- Configuration management infrastructure (Puppet, Chef)
- Release Engineering (GitLab, Jenkins, Nexus/npm)
- Monitoring systems (Datadog, Nagios, InfluxDB)
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.