Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Legal Team is devoted to leading projects that support Indeed's global infrastructure growth. Members of the Legal Team work closely with multiple departments within the organization, such as Product, Engineering, Marketing, Procurement, Finance, HR and IT, to review legal issues and implement decisions in order to get internal teams the tools and products they need to get their job done, while mitigating risk and exposure to the company. We take pride in our strong analytical competencies, our detailed knowledge of Indeed’s various teams and needs, and our ability to build and maintain strong relationships to help us achieve our goals. Simply put, we help guide the people who help people get jobs.
- Respond to third party subpoenas, court orders, and warrants in compliance with the Stored Communications Act
- Provide litigation support in employment cases, mediations, and arbitration, including harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and wage and hour matters
- Counsel the company regarding the full range of issues that may arise during employment, including with respect to recruitment and hiring, diversity, ethics, discrimination, performance management, terminations, and general HR compliance
- Provide creative and business-focused problem-solving, with the ability to balance legal risk and business impact
- Think collaboratively to create common sense solutions to complex problems
- Stay updated on multistate jurisdictions to effectively mitigate employment-related risks
- Analyze, address, and provide legal advice to a cross-functional team of lawyers in all practice areas
- Member in good standing of any US Bar (preferred New York, California, Connecticut, Washington, or Texas)
- Qualified lawyer with at least 4+ years’ employment experience, with experience in administrative actions (EEOC, DOL), litigations, and arbitrations
- Preferable experience with staffing companies
- Experience responding to third party subpoenas
- Experience preparing cases for trial and appearing in court
- Experience advising employers or legal partners on employment-related policies and practices
- Team approach to the practice of law
- Flexible, well-organized and comfortable working in a fast-paced internet and technology environment
- Ability and desire to work independently and with little oversight
- Sound legal judgment, initiative, and versatility
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding academic record
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.