Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Legal team ensures that Indeed complies with the highest standards of business, law, and ethics, while providing Indeed's clients with excellent customer service and Indeed's management with the information and guidance required to succeed around the world. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help guide the people who help people get jobs.
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards include quarterly bonuses, Long Term Incentive Plan units, an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
The Corporate Counsel - IP & Marketing is a confident and articulate individual with the ability to independently analyze and make decisions in a fast-paced environment. You will manage segments of Indeed’s intellectual property portfolio, including conducting trademark clearance, IP prosecution and enforcement. You will be able to appropriately and cost-efficiently utilize outside counsel to assist with any non-US specific IP issues, and be able to effectively coordinate a high volume of clearance and enforcement matters in numerous jurisdictions.
- Conduct and review clearance searches for new product names and marketing slogans in the United States, coordinate with outside counsel in non-US jurisdictions to conduct clearance searches in those markets.
- Review and analyze trademark watch notices, determining when and to what extent to pursue unauthorized third party uses of Indeed’s trademarks and other intellectual property.
- Implement enforcement measures against intellectual property infringement, including drafting cease-and-desist letters, drafting and filing UDRPs, and coordinating trademark oppositions.
- Review and analyze global marketing and advertising content for compliance with laws and regulations; work with the Marketing team and legal analysts on these issues.
- Conduct research in connection with, and assist with implementation of legal advice for, proposed projects, initiatives, promotions and offers spearheaded by marketing
- Work with legal analysts to ensure Indeed trademarks and other IP are used properly by business stakeholders and adequately protected
- Assists in IP due diligence associated with M&A under the direction of Senior Corporate Counsels
- Work on ad hoc legal compliance projects, including but not limited to, new policies, trainings, templates and processes
- Remain up-to-date on legal/regulatory updates affecting the company and help implement these updates
- Work in close partnership with various other departments such as HR, Accounting, Finance, Product, Engineering, International Business Operations and others, to help identify and answer legal needs
- J.D. required
- Member in good standing of any US state bar
- Minimum of 1 year experience practicing trademark prosecution and enforcement
- Experience utilizing Corsearch or equivalent trademark clearance platform
- Experience in or exposure to marketing/advertising law preferred
- Flexible, well-organized and comfortable working in a fast-paced internet and technology environment
- Patent experience helpful, not required
- Ability and desire to work independently and with little oversight is a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to provide samples of work
How to apply
We value attention to detail. To apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter
In your cover letter:
Explain why you want to work at Indeed
Explain how pay-per-click advertising works and its benefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms: https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.