Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Legal team ensures that Indeed complies with the highest standards of business, law, and ethics, while providing Indeed's clients with excellent customer service and Indeed's management with the information and guidance required to succeed around the world. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help guide the people who help people get jobs.
The Legal Team is looking for a highly motivated Litigation Counsel, to join our team. Your role will involve helping protect Indeed in litigation, arbitration, compliance, and employment matters. We are seeking a self-starter who thrives in a fun but results-oriented work environment, and is passionate about problem solving while showing great attention to detail. You are tech savvy, possess strong project and people management skills, and are comfortable working with people all over the world.
- Propound discovery requests for Indeed-initiated litigation or arbitration
- Engage in employment-related arbitration or litigation in multiple jurisdictions on behalf of the company; including handling discovery aspects of employment disputes, drafting initial responses to government charges, drafting pleadings, taking and defending depositions, and managing document discovery
- Respond to third-party subpoena requests, including providing guidance to legal analysts
- Work with outside counsel on escalated subpoena issues, including but not limited to court appearances, amicus briefs, and other specialized technology litigation matters involving the Stored Communications Act and other laws, as applicable
- Develop compliance schedule and protocol
- Respond to Bankruptcy recoupment requests
- Liaise with relevant tech teams to help implement necessary processes for compliance with internal subpoena policy
- Gather, review, and respond to discovery requests for Indeed-related litigation and arbitration.
- This position will report directly to Indeed’s Division Counsel
- Member in good standing with the Texas bar and preferably at least one of the following jurisdictions (CA, AZ, CT, NY or WA)
- Qualified lawyer with at least 6+ years’ experience
- Experience preparing and presenting motions in court
- Experience working on discovery in litigation and arbitration issues
- Solid understanding of internet and technology law
- Flexible, well-organized and comfortable working in a fast-paced internet and technology environment
- Ability and desire to work independently and with little oversight is a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to provide samples of work
- Outstanding work and academic record
How to apply
- Please submit your resume and cover letter
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.