Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Legal team ensures that Indeed complies with the highest standards of business, law, and ethics, while providing Indeed's clients with excellent customer service and Indeed's management with the information and guidance required to succeed around the world. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help guide the people who help people get jobs.
The Legal Team is devoted to leading projects that support Indeed's global infrastructure growth. Members of the Legal Team work closely with multiple departments within the organization, such as Procurement, Finance, HR and IT, to review legal issues and implement decisions in order to get internal teams the tools and products they need to get their job done, while mitigating risk and exposure to the company. We take pride in our strong analytical competencies, our detailed knowledge of Indeed’s various teams and needs, and our ability to build and maintain strong relationships to help us achieve our goals.
The Legal Team is looking for a highly motivated M&A Counsel, to join our team. Your role will involve helping advise in acquisitions, due diligence, and transaction matters. We are seeking a self-starter who thrives in a fun but results-oriented work environment, and is passionate about problem solving while showing great attention to detail. You are tech savvy, possess strong project and people management skills, and are comfortable working with people all over the world.
- Work on mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, stock purchases, strategic investments, joint ventures and other corporate transactions from NDA to integration
- Work closely with Indeed’s Corporate Development and Legal teams and other cross-functional teams through each phase of the deal process
- Perform legal due diligence on potential acquisitions
- Review, draft, and negotiate term sheets, letters of intent, non-disclosure agreements, definitive acquisition agreements, and ancillary agreements under tight deadlines
- Direct and manage outside counsel as necessary
- Execute transaction signings and closings
- Provide legal support on post-transaction and integration matters
- Identify legal and commercial risks and issues and assist with the development of solutions
- Work on ad hoc legal projects, including but not limited to, new policies, templates and processes, and other corporate legal and regulatory matters.
- This position will report directly to Indeed’s General Counsel
- Member in good standing of a US bar (California bar a plus)
- Qualified lawyer with at least 5+ years’ experience
- Experience working on M&A transactions
- Experience working with technology companies
- Experience in preparing and reviewing transaction documents, conducting due diligence, preparing ancillary transaction documents and managing mid-sized and large transactions
- Solid understanding of internet and technology law
- Solid understanding of corporate law and contractual principles
- Flexible, well-organized, and comfortable working in a fast-paced internet and technology environment
- Ability and desire to work independently and with little oversight is a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding work and academic record
How to apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.