Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Legal team ensures that Indeed complies with the highest standards of business, law, and ethics, while providing Indeed's clients with excellent customer service and Indeed's management with the information and guidance required to succeed around the world. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help guide the people who help people get jobs.
- Review and analyze global marketing and advertising content for compliance with laws and regulations; work with the Marketing team and legal analysts on these issues
- Review proposed projects, initiatives, promotions and offers spearheaded by marketing
- Work with Marketing and IP team to ensure Indeed trademarks and other IP are used properly and adequately protected
- Oversight of a patent program where, working with outside counsel, Indeed prosecutes patent applications
- Work on ad hoc legal compliance projects, including but not limited to, new policies, trainings, templates and processes
- Remain up-to-date on legal/regulatory updates affecting the company and help implement these updates
- Work in close partnership with various other departments such as HR, Accounting, Finance, Product, Engineering, International Business Operations and others, to help identify and answer legal needs
- This position will report directly to our General Counsel
- J.D. required
- Member in good standing of any US state bar
- Minimum of 5 years experience practicing law
- Experience in marketing or advertising law
- Trademark and/or patent experience a plus but patent bar is not a requirement
- Flexible, well-organized and comfortable working in a fast-paced internet and technology environment
- Ability and desire to work independently and with little oversight is a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to provide samples of work
How to apply
We value attention to detail. To apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter
In your cover letter:
List 3 factors/risks you would consider when evaluating whether Indeed should put out a piece of advertising collateral in the United States
Explain why you want to work at Indeed
Explain how pay-per-click advertising works and its benefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.