Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Legal team ensures that Indeed complies with the highest standards of business, law, and ethics, while providing Indeed's clients with excellent customer service and Indeed's management with the information and guidance required to succeed around the world. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help guide the people who help people get jobs.
The Legal Team is looking for a highly motivated Corporate Counsel, Revenue Contracts, to join our team to help negotiate contracts and protect Indeed when it sells its products and services. Under the direction of the Division Counsel, you will review, negotiate, revise and administer contracts between Indeed and its clients and provide legal administrative and contracts support to the Sales organization globally. In this role, you will write and review contracts from many angles at once and draft them in clean, precise and direct language. You will also be required to learn, understand, and stay up to date with Indeed’s full suite of product offerings, and the legal terms and issues associated with each. You are tech savvy, possess strong project and interpersonal skills, and are comfortable working with people all over the world. We are seeking a self-starter who thrives in a fun but results-oriented work environment, and is passionate about problem solving and getting the deal done while showing great attention to detail.
- Review and draft revenue and partnership agreements
- Negotiate revenue and partnership contract terms with Indeed clients, including through conference calls
- Manage the contract lifecycle, including drafts, modifications, amendments and renewals
- Triage unusual contract requests and appropriately escalate to Senior Counsels
- Work closely with Contracts Analysts, who manage the queue of contract requests from the Sales team
- Work closely with the Sales team on contract requests
- Work closely with Product Attorneys, Product team, Finance and other stakeholders to understand and stay abreast of Indeed’s product offerings
- Draft contracts or terms of service for new Indeed product offerings
- Research international law regarding contracts and treaties as necessary
- Ensure each contract is in compliance with state and federal regulations
- Act as the point of contact for revenue contract items globally and advise leadership of contractual rights and obligations as well as legal risks and business terms of various deals
- Remain up to date on legal and regulatory updates affecting contracts
- Create and update policies and procedures to improve the revenue contract process within Indeed
- This position will report directly to a Division Counsel
J.D. degree and member in good standing of any U.S. bar
Minimum of 2 years of contract review experience
Deep understanding of corporate and contract law, especially as they pertain to internet companies
Flexible and well-organized
Ability to work in a fast-paced internet and technology environment and understand Indeed’s products
Comfortable with ambiguity and working in ever-changing environment while able to exercise sound judgement in decision-making
Ability and desire to work independently and with little oversight is a must
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
How to apply:
We value attention to detail. To apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter
In your cover letter:
List 3 risks you would consider when evaluating a contract between Indeed and a client
Explain why you want to work at Indeed
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms: https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.