Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Marketing team helps job seekers and employers around the world to discover Indeed. Whether creating impactful advertising, coding bidding algorithms, or looking for the news stories in Indeed's labor data, Indeed marketers bring diverse skills to help shape and share Indeed’s story. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help people get jobs, and we want to share our story with you.
This position sits on a unique team that intersects between Product and Marketing to drive product growth. We are looking for a Customer Segmentation Analyst to help drive our growth efforts through creative and effective targeting for prospecting, personalization of marketing campaigns, and cohort analysis.
If you are a skilled analyst who loves innovation and working in agile, iterative cycles, Indeed is looking for you. We offer an environment to work with lots of data, applying your analytical skills in a fast-paced, growing company. You will be a part of multiple product launches that meet the growing needs of millions of jobseekers worldwide.
What You Will Do:
- Learn and love Indeed’s customer data (we have a lot of it), building a deep understanding of job seeker and employer data
- Build a center of excellence for customer segmentation, consulting marketing partners on what data should be leveraged to target prospects or users of different products, and advising technical partners on the infrastructure required to pull target lists accurately and at scale for rapid testing
- Design statistically sound methodologies around pulling and aggregating data, and designing and reading tests
- Write scripts to automate data processing and other recurring tasks
- Use data and modeling to identify cohorts ripe for growth, answering questions like “which segments are currently underserved by a product”, “what are the characteristics associated with a product’s current user base that can be used for prospecting” and “which segments should receive X message over Y”
- Communicate concisely and persuasively with marketers and product managers
- Education in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Statistics, or Mathematics
- Have full stack experience in data collection, aggregation, analysis, visualization, productionization, and monitoring of data science products
- Are proficient in small data modeling work: Python, R, Julia, Octave
- Are proficient in big data modeling work: Hadoop, Pig, Scala, Spark, API’s
- Can fish for data: SQL, Pandas, MongoDB,
- Deploy data science solutions: Java, Python, C++
- Communicate concisely and persuasively with engineers and product managers
- Familiarity with advanced analytical software such as SAS is a plus
- You have passions and interests outside of work - you are not just your job
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.