Date published: 18-Nov-2016
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
As a Data Engineer at Indeed, your role is to deliver the information your business partners need to grow the business. You will assist business teams in drawing insights from our data. You are someone who wants to see the impact of their work and make a difference every day. You know what it takes to deliver quality reporting and business intelligence solutions to the organization. You understand the value and benefit of solid data practices and how to translate that into satisfied business partners.
You are an experienced Software Engineer. You are skilled in extracting, transforming, and loading data. You are able to translate business requests into database design. You have experience working with Relational or NoSQL or columnar data stores for the purpose of generating Tableau data sources.
You are someone who is passionate about data-driven approaches. You enjoy exploring large data sets and get excited about learning new technologies and learning in a collaborative environment. You are skilled at eliciting requirements from a wide range of different teams.
- Create and manage data sources
- Integrate with Diverse APIs
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the data warehouse ecosystem
- Work closely with stakeholders on the data demand side (analysts and data scientists)
- Work closely with stakeholders on the data supply side (domain experts on source systems of the data)
- Build self-monitoring, robust, scalable interfaces and data pipelines for 24/7 operations.
- Design and build optimized OLAP and Star Schema data structures
- Create highly reusable code modules and packages that can be leveraged across the data pipeline
- Develop and maintain data dictionary for published data sources
- Develop and improve continuous release and testing processes
- Elicit requirements from a wide range of different teams
- 3+ plus years in corporate Data Engineering
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline, computer engineering or computer science
- Strong CS fundamentals and problem solving skills
- Strong software engineering skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders to define requirements
- Strong SQL skills
- Familiarity working with relational, or NoSQL, or columnar data stores
- Ability to identify and resolve performance issues
- Nice to haves: Matlab or R and Hadoop or Spark
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs. View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.