Additional Posting Location(s): New York City, Stamford
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
Indeed is seeking a Data Governance Analyst in the product engineering organization. You are the owner for data within a division of the company. You will work closely with the leadership of your business area to understand the data your team relies on, create data definitions, and outline how data can/should be used. Your team will rely on you to own the data they use to make decisions, perform analysis, and track progress. You will acquire a deep understanding of the business you support.
Data Governance Analysts at Indeed must be jacks of all trades: you will need analytical skills, technical knowledge of our data pipeline, and excellent communication skills. This is an ideal role for a talented analyst who wants to take their strategic planning and communication skills to the next level.
- You will be the owner and subject matter expert for critical data within a business unit at Indeed
- Work with a set of stakeholders to identify the data required to operate an area of the business. Define what it means to have complete and accurate data
- Partner with product and engineering teams to define requirements for capturing/logging new data; coordinate with product and engineering on new product lines to ensure all new data created is incorporated into our data governance model
- Drive consistency of data across front (web app, 3rd party tool) and back end systems (application to application)
- Communicate with internal teams at Indeed who rely on your data. Build consensus on definitions, calculations, and data sources
- Lead and maintain all data documentation and metadata management efforts for your business unit
- Serve as the internal expert for reports, data definitions, data quality, and data lineage for your business unit.
- Manage the migration of existing reports to use certified datasets
- Contribute to the development of training materials and deliver / coach 1: 1 or small groups on the new processes across the data governance lifecycle
- Work as part of a team of data governance analysts to ensure consistent data use across the entire company
2+ year industry experience as a business analyst, data analyst, or in a data quality management role
2+ year experience with SQL or equivalent database querying language
Familiarity with computer programming languages such as Python, Java, or similar; comfortable reading, troubleshooting, and understanding or demonstrates strong aptitude to learn additional coding languages
Exceptional stakeholder management skills
Experience in leading cross-functional and / or cross-divisional projects
Strong planning, tracking and presentation skills
Attention to detail, and sense of urgency, and commitment to deadlines
Strong organizational skills and demonstrated capacity to develop and implement practical strategies, plans and solutions to identified issues and problems.
Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify quantify and effectively raise business risks associated with data quality or non-compliance.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Science/Computer Science/Mathematics/Analytics or equivalent in a related field.
What we’d love to see (but isn’t required):
Exposure to tools used to support data management, specifically business glossary and metadata management, data profiling, and data quality.
Knowledge of data governance best practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets, and approaches related to data protection.
Experience validating datasets for accuracy (Data QA) and working with stakeholders to fix accuracy issues.
Experience interpreting webapp logs, analytics tags and analytics debugging tools
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.