Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
- Lead and maintain all data migrations, data modeling and ETL efforts for your business unit
- Partner with product and engineering teams to define requirements for capturing/logging/curating new data; coordinate with product and engineering on new product lines to ensure all new data created is incorporated into our data governance model
- You will be the owner and subject matter expert for critical data within a business unit at Indeed
- Work with a set of stakeholders and analysts to identify the data required to operate an area of the business. Define what it means to have complete and accurate data
- Drive consistency of data across front (web app, 3rd party tool) and back end systems (application to application)
- Serve as the internal expert for data quality and data lineage for your business unit.
- Manage the migration of existing reports to use certified datasets
- Contribute to the development of training materials and deliver / coach 1 on 1 or small groups on the new processes across the data governance lifecycle
- Work as part of a team of data governance analysts to ensure consistent data use across the entire company
- 2+ Years of SQL. Must have the ability to write complex, highly-optimized queries across large volumes of data
- 2+ years of solid Python programming skills to cleanse, manipulate, and present data, particularly using Pandas and Numpy
- 2+ years of Industry experience in a report development, data science, business analytics, business intelligence or comparable data engineering role, including data warehousing and business intelligence tools, techniques and technology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and comfort presenting to everyone from entry-level employees to senior vice presidents
- Knowledge of data governance best practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets, and approaches related to data protection.
- Knowledge of ETL and data warehouse concepts and processes
- Experience validating datasets for accuracy (Data QA) and working with stakeholders to fix accuracy issues.
- Curiosity and passion about data, visualization and solving problems
- Creativity to determine the best solution for a real-world problem with quantitative data
- Experience with reporting, descriptive statistics, probability, and cleaning big datasets
- Willingness to question the validity, accuracy of data and assumptions
- Enjoyment from collaborating with others in team environment
- Eagerness to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Drive and self-reliance
- B.S. degree in math, statistics, computer science, or equivalent technical field
- Experience with Tableau or equivalency to create impactful reports, visualizations, and interactive dashboards
- Exposure to tools used to support data management, specifically business glossary and metadata management, data profiling, and data quality.
- Experience interpreting webapp logs, analytics tags and analytics debugging tools
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.