Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
Indeed is seeking a Manager - Data Governance in the product engineering organization. This position is responsible for helping to define and develop new business processes for successful data governance and quality within Indeed. This position will maintain data related standards, policies, and procedures to minimize risk derived from the use of bad data.
Help define the data management vision and implement data management strategies and processes.
Coordinate and execute improvements across the product and engineering organization.
Understand internal and external data flows for all Indeed data.
Develop and maintain data dictionaries and common metric definitions.
Identify opportunities and processes to ensure data meets the following characteristics, including but not limited to: accuracy, validity, reliability, timeliness, relevance, and completeness.
Develop remediation plans: monitor and track data quality issues, identify and close gaps in collaboration with product and engineering leadership.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 3+ years work experience in data governance/management related role collaborating with different parts of the organization; emphasis on developing and implementing data standards, policies, practices, and procedures that lead to substantive improvements in data integrity
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Experience in leading cross-functional and / or cross-divisional projects
- Strong planning, tracking and presentation skills
- Attention to detail, and sense of urgency, and commitment to deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated capacity to develop and implement practical strategies, plans and solutions to identified issues and problems.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify quantify and effectively raise business risks associated with data quality or non-compliance.
What we’d love to see (but isn’t required):
- Exposure to tools used to support data management, specifically business glossary and metadata management, data profiling, and data quality.
- Knowledge of data governance best practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets, and approaches related to data protection.
- Command of data related government regulatory requirements (GDPR), including emerging trends and issues.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs. View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.