Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
The role of Data Science at Indeed is to follow the data. We log, analyze, visualize, and model terabytes of job search data. Our Data Scientists build and implement machine learning models to make timely decisions. Each of us is a mixture of a statistician, scientist, machine learning expert, and engineer. We have a passion for building and improving Internet-scale products. We seek to understand human behavior via careful experimentation and analysis, to “help people get jobs”.
You are someone who wants to see the impact of your work making a difference every day. You understand how to use data to make decisions and how to train others to do so. You find passion in the craft and are constantly seeking improvement and better ways to solve tough problems. You produce the highest quality Data Science solutions and lead others to do the same.
You have high standards and will take pride in Indeed like we do as well as push us to be better. You have delivered challenging technical solutions at scale. You are equally happy talking about deep learning and statistical inference, as you are brainstorming about practical experimental design and technology career development.
- Significant prior success as a Data Scientist working on challenging problems at scale
- 3+ years of industrial Data Science experience, with expertise in machine learning and statistical modeling
- Have full stack experience in data collection, aggregation, analysis, visualization, productionization, and monitoring of Data Science products
- Strong desire to solve tough problems with scientific rigour at scale
- An understanding of the value derived from getting results early and iterating
- Strong ability to coach Data Scientists, helping to improve their skills and grow their careers
- Ph.D. or M.S. in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Operations Research, Statistics, Econometrics or Mathematics
- Passion to answer Product/Engineering questions with data
- Proficiency with the English language
We get excited about candidates who
- Can do small data modeling work: R, Python, Julia, Octave
- Can do big data modeling work: Hadoop, Pig, Scala, Spark
- Can fish for data: SQL, Pandas, MongoDB
- Can deploy Data Science solutions: Java, Python, C++
- Can communicate concisely and persuasively with engineers and product managers
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms: https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.