Date published: 18-Jul-2017
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
We are looking for a mixture between a statistician, scientist, machine learning expert and engineer: someone who has passion for building and improving Internet-scale products informed by data. The ideal candidate understands human behavior and knows what to look for in the data.
- Ph.D. or M.S. in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Statistics, or Mathematics
- Minimum 3 years of recent professional industry experience in data science
- Expertise in machine learning and statistical modeling
- Passion to answer Product/Engineering questions with data
- Strong ability to code in Python
- Have full stack experience in data collection, aggregation, analysis, visualization, productionization, and monitoring of data science products
- Are proficient in small data modeling work: Python, R, Julia, Octave
- Are proficient in big data modeling work: Hadoop, Pig, Scala, Spark
- Can fish for data: SQL, Pandas, MongoDB
- Deploy data science solutions: Java, Python, C++
- Communicate concisely and persuasively with engineers and product managers
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.