Date published: 25-May-2017
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Finance team ensures that Indeed complies with the highest standards of business, law and ethics, while providing Indeed's clients with excellent customer service and Indeed's management with the information and guidance required to succeed around the world. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help support the people who help people get jobs.
We are seeking a Director, Corporate Development to help identify, analyze, and prioritize growth opportunities via M&A and strategic partnerships. The CorpDev covers small start-up investment to large scale M&As. We support the Senior Leadership Team to create strategic paths for Indeed to help more people get jobs and create better future of work. The CorpDev team actively leads execution of M&A transactions and investments all the way from sourcing through transition to Post Merger Integration. We are enthusiastic to explore opportunities and transform ourselves by the opportunities.
- Lead the design of M&A and investment strategy in specific markets
- Support the evaluation and development of Indeed’s long term strategic plan
- Oversee strategy and lead a team managing multiple strategic M&A and investment projects
- Analyze industries/markets and provide intelligences internally
- Align acquisition strategy with overall company strategy, utilizing our market position
- Perform thorough evaluations of new business/acquisition opportunities through analysis of the target company’s technology platform, business strategy, and other available data
- Identify synergies between Indeed’s existing business and the target company in order to validate their suitability for acquisition
- Engage in business development activities to source, approach, and qualify potential target companies
- Manage the due diligence process from, both, a technology and operational viewpoint
- Manage deal execution: Negotiate business terms and work with legal counsel to finalize contracts, play a key role in the due diligence process
- Drive internal decision making process
- Facilitate cross-functional team to execute M&A deals and lead transition from deals to business operations
- Bachelor’s degree; Computer Science or Engineering majors preferred
- MBA or additional degree in Business is considered a meaningful asset for success in this role
- 7+ years experience in Product Development or Business / Corporate Development in the technology industry, especially in HR Tech or software industry
- Product leadership experience to allow for meaningful evaluation of technology platforms
- Able to employ a driven, results oriented, energetic approach and take ownership on all projects
- Strong business acumen and expertise in strategy development
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to sell ideas across various audiences
- Project management skills, well organized, demonstrated planning skills
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.