Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Human Resources team champions our culture by working tirelessly to attract and retain the best people. With HR teams in every major Indeed office globally, we value a consistent and positive experience for all of our employees and potential new hires. Every month, over 250 million people count on Indeed to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help hire and develop the people inside Indeed, who help people get jobs.
The Director, DI&B Strategy & Operations operates as an essential member of the team and reports to the VP, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging. You will drive Indeed's continued work around a company-wide diversity, inclusion and belonging strategy. This includes managing the DI&B Employee Lifecycle and Operations teams and partnering closely with: Talent Acquisition, HRBPs, Employee Development, Total Rewards, People Analytics, Brand, Marketing, Corporate Communications, and external community partners.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to promote continued commitment to building talent pipelines for underrepresented groups and an inclusive hiring process ensuring that our employee population reflects the diverse populations we serve.
- Increase awareness and establish accountabilities to hire/advance underrepresented candidates, which includes collecting, updating, analyzing and presenting our diversity metrics, engaging senior level champions, and gaining commitment to participate in recruitment and engagement programs.
- Work closely with the HR, Legal, and Operations teams to ensure practices, policies, and guidelines are built with equity and inclusion as a key anchor.
- Build and support the implementation of an internal and external communication strategy, in partnership with the communications teams, grounded in sharing our journey in a way that demonstrates our dedication, growth, and humility around the work.
- Lead a team focused on driving inclusive behaviors, bias mitigation, and creative ideas to support the overall growth and development of the workforce in this space.
- Provide leadership and expertise in defining short and long term DI&B objectives and key results, and establish metrics and dashboards to inform our decision making, track and communicate progress towards building a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive community, and evaluate the effectiveness of our programs.
- Develop and support the growth of your direct reports and amplify company values and expectations.
- 7+ years of relevant management and subject matter experience in the diversity, inclusion and belonging space, with particular focus on driving inclusive behaviors.
- 5+ years leading people, as this role leads a team.
- Served in a role advising a business on best practices to resolve talent gaps by influencing succession planning processes and hiring outcomes
- Demonstrated awareness and understanding of multiple facets of diversity, including cultural, ethnic, racial, religious, gender, educational, age, sexual orientation, linguistic, professional, and other differences that make us unique.
- Exceptional relationship-building skills, organizational awareness, and ability to persuade others to accomplish project objectives.
- Skilled facilitator, able to navigate difficult conversations with an executive audience.
- A learning mindset and willingness to try new approaches, incorporating different viewpoints and ideas, while still sharing and drawing upon your areas of expertise.
- Experience in bringing others along a journey through communication, demonstration and modeling of behavior, and driving accountability.
- Ability to identify and track metrics of success (results and outcome orientation).
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.