Additional Posting Location(s): San Francisco
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Marketing team helps job seekers and employers around the world to discover Indeed. Whether creating impactful advertising, coding bidding algorithms, or looking for the news stories in Indeed's labor data, Indeed marketers bring diverse skills to help shape and share Indeed’s story. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help people get jobs, and we want to share our story with you.
Indeed.com is looking for an experienced to be the visionary in leading strategy and innovation towards unprecedented success in global SEO management.
Today, more people find jobs on Indeed than anywhere else. Each month, more than 250 million job seekers in 60 countries search for jobs, post resumes, and research companies on Indeed. Indeed is the #1 source of external hires for tens of thousands of companies worldwide.
The Director, SEO will impact people across the globe and enable the finding of their next job through Indeed by leveraging SEO techniques. The ideal candidate, given the position’s high impact and visibility, is passionate about figuring out how search engines work, and is passionate about helping people find jobs. You will have the technical experience to work with our various stores of data, and be able to leverage that information into actionable, scalable SEO improvements. You will build, hire, and lead a talented and technical team that collaboratively furthers the vision of Indeed.
Important: You must have prior experience managing SEO for a large, dynamic global website with more than 50 million monthly unique visitors.
- Develop and execute a global strategy for SEO for all of Indeed’s products in all markets.
- Build the organization model for SEO excellence, driving collaboration with Product, International Country Managers, and Engineering teams.
- Develop and manage the SEO roadmap
- Be responsible for optimizing all content on the site including job listings, company reviews, salaries, resumes, blogs, and trends.
- Design methodical experiments while carefully quantifying success (or failure), and ensure that the team has a clear understanding of its objectives.
- Create a structure to continuously train product, engineering, and online marketing on SEO best practices
- Utilize and be the point on industry standard analytics tools and proprietary systems.
- Mine through logs, crawl web pages and analyze other large-scale data stores to gain SEO insight.
- Analyze and monitor key sources of traffic for Indeed and competitors.
- Establish productive and efficient communication channels within marketing and other teams to ensure our progress and plans are stellar, and our list of projects are rewarding for employers and job seekers
- 6+ years of experience developing and executing successful SEO practices resulting in more than 50MM UVs a month is required
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing a team
- Strong knowledge of search engine algorithms and ranking methods
- Advanced user in Google Analytics, Compete and other industry tools
- Experience with Pig/Hadoop an advantage
- More in-depth knowledge of HTML and scripting languages the better
- Ability to quantify potential SEO improvements and prioritize accordingly
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, and strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.