Date published: 27-Sep-2016
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
Indeed is a job seeker-centric platform. You and your team will lead efforts to ensure when a job seeker types in a query or browses job search results that results represent a quality that meet their and Indeed’s high standards. Our current approach to search quality requires significant human intervention, but as we scale, we need to develop tools and systems to detect poor search results more effectively and efficiently. You will have the opportunity to drive change and facilitate the shift from human-led processes to technology-based systems for search quality.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in search quality and delivery operations with a strong combination of attention to detail along with a long term strategic vision. You will be tech savvy enough to be able to partner with our engineering and product teams to design and build new solutions that will appropriately scale as Indeed continues to grow. You will combine your technical skills and analytical nature to work and oversee a multi-disciplinary team of analysts who are focused on eliminating fraudulent job postings as well as identifying questionable business practices. This is a great opportunity to work with key stakeholders to develop a search quality strategy that results in Indeed being recognized as best in-class.
- Set the vision for direction and planning for the organization.
- Work with and support managers and leads with career planning, performance management, coaching, and data analysis.
- Establish reporting and metrics to evaluate the current state of search quality on Indeed, including measuring the frequency that our current systems flag postings not relative to the actual search query.
- Develop strong relationships with the senior leadership team to communicate current practices, utilize expert knowledge of industry standards, and make recommendations on future strategies.
- Work in partnership with cross functional stakeholders like engineering and product management across Indeed.
- Produce and consistently deliver reports that demonstrate how the organization performs and highlights its criticality.
- Identify ways to combine both technology and human intervention, ensuring that Indeed's search quality practices remain consistent and effective while benchmarking with industry standards.
- Lead a large team in search quality best practices working closely with the other Director of Search Quality at Indeed.
- Communicate with leadership team and stakeholders on the overall performance of strategies and continually identify ways to improve them.
- Own relevance telemetry and metrics which give us the insights and data to understand our search quality through the lens of the job seeker.
- Drive the implementation of operational solutions that continuously enhance Indeed’s search quality capabilities.
- Continuously look for ways to simplify work by exploring outsourcing opportunities with third party service providers so that in-house resources are used to their full ability.
- Undergraduate degree required. Business or Engineering majors preferred. Advanced technical degree or MBA a plus.
- 6+ years experience in a similar role ideally within an internet company that either is a marketplace or has user generated content (i.e. content or reviews) that requires moderation.
- Prior experience in information retrieval (search, recommendations), relevance, data mining, big data, machine learning in large scale systems.
- Self starter, intellectually curious and comfortable operating in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to build strong executive relationships throughout the organization.
- Expert technical knowledge with a proficiency in SQL or other similar database management systems that will enable you to articulate how tools should work to enhance search quality in an automated way.
- Team leadership skills, interviewing, hiring, developing team members as well as training, and performance management.
- Capability to validate and explain trends and results compared to outlined success metrics.
- Must be organized, positive, proactive, results-oriented, with excellent communication skills.
- Excellent Excel/Google Sheets skills.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.