Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
We are seeking a Director of Engineering in the Enterprise group. This group builds solutions and services that help external and internal clients meet their objectives while providing a great experience.
The Enterprise group is driving multiple critical tier 1 initiatives within the organization including services such as role based access systems, company hierarchy systems, and budget systems to better serve our enterprise customer’s needs. You will be working with a variety of data science solutions that are in play at a global level. The goal is to bring a unified experience across the product set (employer hub), bringing together various products in 1 easy way that meets the needs of all users. This includes newer product sets that are unifying our existing products to make the employer hub simpler and easier to work with. This could be anything from looking through resumes, to pushing candidates through to ATS, etc. Multiple teams with large initiatives to deliver high volumes of candidates to our enterprise clients in industries with current high demand hiring needs are relying on this product to move forward.
In this role, you will lead a group of teams that are composed of smart, creative, problem-solving engineers who exhibit high energy, deep technical skills, and a drive to get things done. You will work with a counterpart in the Product organization to set direction and ensure that these solutions have a measurable impact for clients. We are looking for someone who can execute fast with engineering excellence. You will drive multiple critical work streams in various ways, and drive the engineering culture in a way where we preserve Indeed’s culture with guided autonomy. You will be setting the team culture to become more and more client centric.
As the engineering leader, you will:
- Deliver solutions and product capabilities with speed and quality
- Drive engineering and technology excellence while working across multiple groups
- Enrich and build great teams who are focused on delivering high-quality results with speed
- Drive solutions that are client-centric and provide broader view of what else is possible
- Identify promising opportunities to improve engineering velocity through systems and tools
- Lead the group to develop, align, and deliver on measurable goals
- Evolve the product portfolio in order to maximize impact on Indeed
- Help our recruiting team attract and evaluate top software engineers, who are passionate to create value for clients
- Guide and influence leaders throughout Indeed to adopt new technologies and techniques
- Maintain and evolve an engineering culture that emphasizes ownership, autonomy, quality, and speed of execution
- You have experience building Client-Centric Solutions (B2C or B2B)
- You are someone who has done transformation and taken teams from X to Y and delivered with velocity, helping with process improvement along the way
- Significant prior success as an engineering leader working on challenging problems and solutions that are global, highly scalable, performant that required rapid execution with high quality
- Significant experience in delivering results in working with multiple independent teams but driving unified and seamless solutions for clients
- Experience managing and coaching managers as well as senior technologists
- Deep understanding of the latest software development technologies and cloud services
- Experience using test automation, CI/CD to ensure high quality of software products
- Experience and expertise building core or foundational enterprise-level services
- Experience guiding distributed teams to deliver software through rapid iteration and with quality
- Ability to influence and guide product solutions that are client-centric is considered a plus
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms: https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.