Date published: 7-Feb-2017
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
We are looking for an experienced design leader to lead the design of Indeed’s flagship job search product, indeed.com.
What would you be doing?
- Identifying UX staffing needs for job seeker products and create appropriate recruiting strategies
- Creating and implementing pragmatic strategies to dramatically improve the design of indeed.com, in collaboration with other team members
- Managing a team of designers and researchers
- Collaborating with product management on ideas that will help them reach their business goals
- Leading design reviews
- Collaborating with user research to ensure the job seekers’ voice is incorporated into the design process
- Communicating design needs for job seeker products to a Seattle-based team that is creating a new design language for all of Indeed. Ensuring a good working relationship is established between the job seeker product UX team and the central design language team is critical
- Recruiting and interviewing design candidates
- 10+ years professional experience working in product user experience
- Experience managing a UX team
- Experience modifying repeatable processes to improve design quality
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience designing modern UIs and interactions. We are interested in the design solutions, not design artifacts.
- Experience with consumer web-based products
- Has worked on mobile-first product design
Unique high profile opportunity
Indeed is making a major investment in design. We are aggressively growing a global design team and investing in a new, modern, design language. This is an opportunity to use this new design language and take one of the world’s top sites (indeed.com - #50 in US, #150 globally per Alexa) to the next level.
People like it here
People tend to stick around. Part of our high retention rate may be due to our fairly strict "no jerks" policy.
You will be challenged
People here are smart and are going to challenge your ideas, but we get along even when we don't agree. Being highly metrics based means we all talk the same language: results.
Your designs will make a difference
If you are the type of designer that wants to know what you are doing matters then you'll like our data-driven approach to product development. Working for Indeed you'll be able confidently describe how your designs have improved our products.
Indeed is useful and successful
People all over the world were looking for jobs last year and they will be looking for them next year. Recruitment is a mature, established industry with billions of dollars flowing through it. We've been profitable for years, and are a market leader not just in the US, but all over the world.
We make money in a way you can be proud of
Some companies try to take advantage of people looking for jobs, we don't. You can explain how we make money to anyone and they aren't going to get creeped out. We provide employers a great service at a great price, and we don't take money from people who are looking for work.
Job seekers and employers love us
We get testimonials from people looking for jobs and people who are hiring all the time. People love Indeed. Those who don’t typically haven’t heard of us.
You'll be working on something that matters
Finding a job is an emotional experience, and finding a good job directly impacts the quality of people’s lives. Not only financially; people spend about as much time with who they work with as the people they love. You'll directly contribute to the well being of everyone who uses our products.
If you are genuinely interested in making products that people love to use, treats them with respect, helps them achieve their goals, and want to help us continue to build a sustainable business, we look forward to hearing from you.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.