Additional Posting Location(s): Austin, New York City, San Francisco
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and focused product team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on Indeed to help them find jobs, make it easy to apply, research companies, and connect qualified candidates to their job openings. With product teams in Austin, Tokyo, Seattle, San Francisco, Singapore and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
The SMB Hiring business area comprises hundreds of product development professionals based in three technology development offices around the world. We have a substantial footprint in our Seattle tech office and this role would be responsible for driving substantial growth of our investment there. You will work with awesome tech leaders including some of the best engineers from Amazon and Microsoft. You will work on challenging problems - be it in Machine learning or in creating flawless real time communication between employers and job seekers. This are some of the most difficult problems in computer science
You will be responsible for identifying strategic goals and vision for the group, ensuring the right teams with the right skills and capabilities are in place and supporting those teams to deliver systems and enhancements in our service-oriented, highly scalable, multi-datacenter environment. You will directly manage the managers of these product teams, senior individual contributors and/or potentially a direct product team.
Indeed's Engineering management approach differs from many companies. We emphasize the long term by fostering an environment where individuals have autonomy to achieve impact according to their goals and skills. Managers lead the product teams to deliver and also invest heavily into coaching and mentoring their team members to develop and grow.
- Lead, inspire, and influence to make sure your team is successful
- Partner with the recruiting team to attract and retain high-quality and diverse talent
- Establish great rapport with other development teams, Product Managers, Sales and Customer Success to maintain high levels of visibility, efficiency, and collaboration
- Ensure teams have appropriate technical direction, leadership and balance between short-term impact and long term architectural vision.
- Lead 5-10 software engineering teams distributed across 2-4 sites globally
You're someone who wants to see the impact of your work making a difference every day. You understand how to use data to make decisions and have a passion for producing the highest quality code as well as leading others to do the same. You have built scalable, reliable systems that span multiple data centers around the world and handle millions of requests every day. You want to be in the mix technically while providing leadership to your teams. You understand that the best managers serve their teams, removing roadblocks and giving individual contributors and other managers autonomy and ownership.
- 5+ years managing software engineering teams in consumer Web or SaaS products
- Experience leading a geographically distributed software engineering organization comprising multiple teams
- Strong technical background that allows you to advocate for and support your engineers
- Experience building strong partnerships with other jobs functions, like product, marketing and UX, to keep teams collaborating smoothly and working together to improve the product.
- Strong desire to understand the root cause and details of systems, get hands on with data and analysis to evaluate how the team and the product are growing.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms: https://www.indeed.com/legal/applicant-privacy
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.