Date published: 2-Nov-2016
How Indeed works.Indeed works when talented, passionate people come together to get a job done. Come help Indeed work. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
How this team works.
How this job works.
Because of the scale and speed of Indeed, you will have the ability to solve some of the most complex challenges around the world. As the Distinguished Engineer for our San Francisco office, you will work with a complex team to leverage your ideas and create solutions that you couldn’t produce your own. You will be influencing teams across Austin, Tokyo, Seattle, Hyderabad, and Bangalore to build open-source solutions that allow us to scale to our size.You are passionate about the possibility to to help people get jobs and the opportunity as an engineer to have an enormous influence on product direction; we make decisions based on the metrics that you build and demonstrate into your products.
How you work.
You enjoy applying your software skills and experience to build great products and solve technical challenges. You're someone who wants to see the impact of your work making a difference every day. You get excited about bringing a team of global engineers together to work on a shared mission, and building out an office of incredible developers to fulfill Indeed’s mission of helping everyone get a job. You understand how to use data to make decisions. You have a passion for producing high quality code and guiding others to do the same, but you're able to balance team delivery against technical debt. You are passionate about building scalable, reliable systems that span multiple data centers around the world and handle millions of requests every day.You are someone with high standards who will push us to be better, and who will take pride in Indeed like we do. You are equally happy talking algorithms and data structures as you are brainstorming about development process and technology career development. You enjoy collaborating with others to share ideas and value other perspectives in evaluating the quality of ideas.
- Proven success working in an individual contributor leadership role for top tech companies in the Bay Area
- 10+ years of experience managing large scale software development
- Strong ability to coach developers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
- Solid knowledge of data structures and algorithms and excellent programming skills
- The desire to solve tough problems with quality software at scale
- An understanding of the value derived from shipping code rapidly to production and learning/iterating on the results.
- A deep understanding of the web
- Strong knowledge of databases, both SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with service-oriented and event-driven system architectures
- Experience building high-performance distributed systems
To see examples of technology challenges we have tackled at Indeed, visit our engineering talks page (http://engineering.indeedblog.com/talks/). You can also read more about the growth of Indeed's San Francisco office and product focus for this year in a recent blog post written by our Engineering Director (http://engineering.indeedblog.com/blog/2015/12/indeed-engineering-san-francisco-2015/).
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.