Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Marketing team helps job seekers and employers around the world to discover Indeed. Whether creating impactful advertising, coding bidding algorithms, or looking for the news stories in Indeed's labor data, Indeed marketers bring diverse skills to help shape and share Indeed’s story. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help people get jobs, and we want to share our story with you.
Indeed’s mission is to help people get jobs. Today, more people find jobs on Indeed than anywhere else. More than 200 million people each month search for jobs, post resumes, and research companies on Indeed. Indeed is the #1 source of external hires for tens of thousands of companies worldwide. The Indeed Hiring Lab is a team of economists, other researchers, and writers whose insights help drive the global labour market conversation.
The Canada Economist will join our global Hiring Lab team and will work to discover interesting and important insights in the massive amount of data we have on job search and hiring. You’ll work with our Chief Economist, our Research Director, and the rest of our Hiring Lab team to conduct research and analysis and communicate your findings in a compelling way with our PR team. You’ll relish deep dives into economic data and finding new insights that help job seekers and employers navigate the ever-evolving labour market.
- Conceive, research, and write data-driven blogposts about the labour market using Indeed’s proprietary data and publicly available data.
- Develop and assess new labour-market indicators from Indeed’s data.
- Serve as Indeed’s spokesperson on Canada labour markets for media and public engagements.
- Develop and deliver presentations on Canada labour markets at Indeed’s events.
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Experience working in tech, finance, media, or other fast-paced work environment.
- Master’s or PhD in economics or related field, or a truly extraordinary undergraduate record.
- Success at writing and presenting to non-technical audiences.
- Knowledge of Canada labour markets and familiarity with publicly available labour-market data.
- Solid understanding of labour market theories, empirical approaches, and statistical concepts.
- Fluency in SQL, R, Python, Stata, or similar data management and analysis tools.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; French is an asset but not required.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.