Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.Our Marketing team helps job seekers and employers around the world to discover Indeed. Whether creating impactful advertising, coding bidding algorithms, or looking for the news stories in Indeed's labor data, Indeed marketers bring diverse skills to help shape and share Indeed’s story. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. Simply put, we help people get jobs, and we want to share our story with you.
Indeed’s mission is to help people get jobs. Today, more people find jobs on Indeed than anywhere else. More than 200 million people each month search for jobs, post resumes, and research companies on Indeed. Indeed is the #1 source of external hires for tens of thousands of companies worldwide.
The Indeed Hiring Lab is a team of economists, researchers, and writers whose insights help drive the global labor market conversation. The Hiring Lab produces short-form research on job-market topics using Indeed’s proprietary data and publicly available data; our research is published on the Indeed blog and other media sites. Our primary audiences are journalists, policymakers, and researchers, as well as employers and job-seekers.
The Economist will join our global Hiring Lab team and will work to discover interesting and important insights in our proprietary data as well as in publicly available data. You’ll work with our Hiring Lab team to conduct research and analysis and communicate your findings in a compelling way.
- Conceive, research, and write data-driven blog posts about the labor market using Indeed’s proprietary data and publicly available data.
- Develop and assess new labor-market indicators from Indeed’s data.
- Serve as an Indeed spokesperson on the US labor market for media and public engagements.
- Develop and deliver presentations on the US labor market at Indeed’s events.
- Five years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience working in tech, finance, media, or other fast-paced work environments.
- Degree in economics or related field.
- Success at writing for and presenting to non-technical audiences.
- Knowledge of the US labor market, and experience using publicly available labor-market data.
- Solid understanding of labor market theories, empirical approaches, and statistical concepts.
- Fluency in SQL, R, Python, Stata, or similar data management and analysis tools.
How to apply
Please include a cover letter that tells us why you would be a good fit for this position and anything else you’d like us to know that is not already on your resume.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.