Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
The team.We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
As an Embedded Data Engineer at Indeed, your role is to deliver the information your business partners need to grow the business. You will assist business teams in drawing insights from our data. You are someone who wants to see the impact of their work and make a difference every day. You know what it takes to deliver quality reporting and business intelligence solutions to the organization. You understand the value and benefit of solid data practices and how to translate that into satisfied business partners.
You are someone who is passionate about data-driven approaches. You enjoy exploring large data sets and get excited about learning new technologies and learning in a collaborative environment. You are skilled at eliciting requirements from a wide range of different teams.
- Embed directly with product/eng teams
- Own all data logging, index creation, delivery of data to ETL pipeline and reporting systems via direct partnerships with product/eng teams; Adherence to log development phase gates
- Collaborate with data governance; ensure all existing data is created in the right way, and that new data is created according to appropriate standards with proper documentation
- Collaborate with DW developers; for products that require reporting data (e.g. Indeed Analytics, NPS survey), ensure that datasets are in place and are used consistently internally/externally
- Collaborate with BI and Psci/Dsci to ensure logging activities meet analytical needs
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or an engineering discipline
- Strong CS fundamentals, problem-solving skills and software engineering skills
- At least 1 year of industry experience in software development and/or data engineering
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience in a hands-on, data centric role with data engineering, streaming, or warehousing.
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders to define requirements
- A strong ability to understand and organize data from various sources.
- Experience programming with an object oriented language (preferably Python or Java)
- Ability to identify and resolve performance and data quality issues
- Experience with modern data pipelines, data streaming, and real time analytics using tools such as Apache Kafka, AWS kinesis, Spark Streaming, ElasticSearch, or similar tools.
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.