Date published: 1-Aug-2017
Our mission.As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
We are seeking an engineering leader for our Delivery Tools group. This group builds tools and services that help product teams increase velocity and reduce the human effort required for product delivery and experimentation. Hundreds of Indeed team members in product development teams around the world depend on these tools and services. Teams in this group are located in Austin, Seattle, and Tokyo.
In this role, you will lead a group of teams that are composed of smart, creative, problem-solving engineers who exhibit high energy, deep technical skills, and a drive to get things done. You will work with a counterpart in the Product organization to set direction and ensure that these tools have a measurable impact on the ability of teams to rapidly build, test ideas, and iterate while maintaining quality and reliability.
As the engineering leader of Delivery Tools, you will...
- Identify promising opportunities to improve engineering velocity through systems and tools
- Lead the group to develop, align, and deliver on measurable goals
- Evolve the product portfolio in order to maximize impact on Indeed
- Ensure that your teams provide excellent support to their internal customers
- Help our recruiting team attract and evaluate top software engineers, especially senior engineers with a passion for the delivery tools space
- Guide and influence leaders throughout Indeed to adopt new tools and techniques
- Maintain and evolve an engineering culture that emphasizes ownership and autonomy
- Passion for automation and business process improvement
- Significant prior success as an engineering leader working on challenging problems of scale
- Experience managing and coaching managers as well as senior technologists
- Deep understanding of tools used for software development
- Experience using test automation to ensure quality software products
- Ability to guide teams to deliver software through rapid iteration
- Strong technical grounding and a track record of delivery as an individual contributor
- Familiarity with A/B testing methodologies considered a plus
View our bounty of perks: http://indeedhi.re/IndeedBenefits
Indeed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.